LNH20: Writer's Block Person #37: "Dream a Little Dream of Me"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jan 31 18:38:40 PST 2018

On 2018-01-31 18:20, Drew Perron wrote:
> "Oh boy!" said Writer's Block Person. "It's time to go out and see the
> Super Blue Blood Death Time Space Ultra Phoenix Moon!"

That's the best description I've heard yet for that cosmic event.
Fortunately in Seattle, the clouds protected me.

> They ran into the mall, but half the stores were closed. There was a
> comic book store that was dark but its door was open, and they snuck in
> and looked through the comics and trading cards. "Oh boy!" they said.
> "It's the '70s Superman vs. Spider-Man, for four bucks! I wonder if
> there's anyone I can buy it from! Wait, what's this?" They shook it and
> Magic cards fell out of the comic. "This is my old red-blue deck! How'd
> it get here?"

Gee, that sounds like one of my old stories...

> "It's the power of the Writing!" said Kid Review. "Because we never
> finished that arc of The Tribulations of Kid Review, it's crackling
> through the Mindverse and giving you... THE ULTIMATE ANXIETY DREAM!"

... and now I know why.

> "That's right. Good enby." Writer's Block Person leaned in and gave Kid
> Review a soft smooch on the lips, and the latter sighed in contentment.
>
> "mmmm..." The third person in the bed made a displeased noise. "less
> talking, more cuddling," said Lady Review.
>
> "Yes, ma'am." Writer's Block Person cuddled in on one side of her, and
> Kid Review cuddled in on the other side, and soon the three of them were
> back in dreamland.

... Not gonna guess whether this is a dream part of the story or not,
but it's perfectly in character and continuity.

> The demons frothed and bubbled in their dimensional rift. They were
> being checked, they could not yet claim the minds of men!
>
> Too bad. I write what I want, and I'm not ready to do more of that plot
> yet! >:D MORE CUTENESS! MWAHAHAHA!
>
> Drew "GOOFY SHIT AND CUDDLING" Perron

I agree.  I don't recall the demon plot at present.  And it seems to me
that when you defeat demons, the demon plots can go away if you want.

I know. - Archie Andrews