LNH20: Writer's Block Person #36: "Capture Card Device"

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 10:11:41 PST 2018

On 1/23/2018 9:56 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 2018-01-22 23:08, Drew Perron wrote:
<snip>
>> Writer's Block Person took up a defensive stance. They stretched out their
>> hand, and the staff flew into it. They peered at the floating card, surrounded
>> in darkness... "...oop, this next anxiety's kinda, um, kinda sexual." They
>> looked over their shoulder. "Could y'all, um, just kinda..."
>
> But of course "Slash" is kinda sexual.  Is that a real card game?
It is!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesbyplaydate/slash-2-thirst-blood

It's similar to Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity. Each player has a
hand full of fictional characters. Each turn, it's one player's turn to be
judge; they put down a character, and each other player secretly chooses a
character they think should be shipped with the judge's character. The judge
selects which one makes the best pairing. It's tons of fun!

>> "Oh, sure!" Whisperion picked up her bag and her keys. "See you later!"
>>
>> "Bye, Drew!" called Chaos Theory, opening the door for her.
>
> But of course Our Hero's name is Drew.

:3 Author avataaaaaaaar~

>> Chaos Theory waved, and with a clap of reverse thunder, disappeared.
>> Whisperion leaned against the fence. "What a bunch of adorable nerds."
>>
>> Drew "neeeeeeeerds" Perron
>
> Yeah, I guess if Chaos Theory is an adorable nerd, he might get distracted to
> the point of almost boarding a bus.

I mean, how do you think they get to the grocery store?

...other than using their nigh-infinite power to transcend time and space, of
course. And of course they don't actually need to *eat* as such...

Bus.

> ... I enjoyed Our Hero resurgent in this episode.  And it's a good slice of life.

Thank you! <3

> I've mostly given up Slice of Life fiction in my own life.  I know I could
> always pick a viewpoint character for anything I need to write... but all of my
> avatars have grown up and gotten their own lives.  So I write other stories.  If
> I ever get to the point where I run out of those other stories to write, it'll
> probably be the end of my *fictional* world anyway.

Honestly, a lot of your stuff has a sort of slice-of-life-ish sense of the
details of the everyday in whatever weird bit of the multiverse you're exploring.

Drew "quite evocative" Perron