LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #49: Flame Wars III Part One

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 11:31:09 PST 2018

In this weeks reposting of stuff you can find in the eyrie archive
https://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/
we have the first section of FLAME WARS III!

And no, you don't need to know anything about Flame Wars I and II
to understand this crossover.  About the only thing that links the
three Flame Wars is that they're LNH stories and Jeff "Drizzt" Barnes
was the head plotter for the first three Flame Wars.  But you can
check the eyrie archives (under Crossovers) for the first two if you
want.  But they won't help you understand this one.

Firstly, we have Joltin' Jeff McCoskey with LNH Triple Play #8.
This I believe is the first issue of the Triple Play to not have
either have Catalyst Lass or Hooded Ho'`od Win in it.  Instead
we get Sarcastic Lad, Contraption Man, and -- the Good Kid?

Next, we have Saxon Brenton with Limp-Asparagus Lad (a character
that originally was made by wReam to be a character example in the
FAQ -- then was fished out by Robert "Mystic Mongoose" Armstrong
for a mini -- and then Saxon got his hands on him and the rest is
history) #18.  Do you ever have that feeling that LNH stories aren't
jammed up with quite enough continuity references to obscure LNH
stories -- well, then -- here's the story for you.

And now..

              _
             | |      Classic
             | |                      =