META: Stirge

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:12:33 PDT 2018

On 3/8/2018 11:01 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I'm not sure if there's anyone still active here who remembers Stirge, but
> this and the rest of rec.arts.comics.* was his first on-line community.
> He was an LNH author many years ago (Errand Boy, Miss Ng in Action) and a
> Superguy author (Errands, God Boy).  I wanted to post this here in case
> anyone from the old days may be reading.
>
> I'm afraid he died earlier this week in Tucson.
>
> Stirge was one of my oldest and dearest friends.  I wrote a little bit
> about that in my own journal:
>
> https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2018-03/002.html

(Jeez, a month late on responding to this. But...)

I remember, back when I was lurking in the late '90s, seeing his posts
occasionally, going back and reading his stuff in the archive. But the way you
talk about him... I wish I could have known him more. I'm glad he had someone
like you who cared about him so deeply.

Drew "requiescat in pace" Perron