DIVA/WISP: Time Enough For Tea #2

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue May 30 08:54:42 PDT 2017

On 5/29/2017 12:54 PM, deucexm wrote:
> Well, still working on actual content generation, but the bitesize part of
> things at least is working out well enough.

Hell yeah!

> I'm trying to do less obsessing
> about making everything absolutely perfect the first time around, so some of
> this hasn't been through the usual review process - but so be it.  Progress.

Yes! Indeed. :> Important. (Also sorry for not being there for said process X3)

> Also I have been wanting tea as I've been writing this.  Dreadful, really.

:>

> "Tea," Critical Eye said flatly.

X3

> By way of reply, Laurel simply moved one hand to the side and let the sigil go;
> it fell like a snowflake, drifting lazily from side to side as it descended,
> until it touched the chamber's metal floor.  Then lines of purple light exploded
> upward from it, like a plant growing in time-lapse video, and formed a
> delicate-looking table and two chairs to go with it.  As the sigil flickered and
> faded out, the table and chairs solidified into white metalwork (with pink
> floral-print cushions for the chairs), and Laurel stepped over and took a seat.

ooooooh lovely

> "I've seen some crazy things in my time, but never anything quite like that,"
> Critical Eye murmured

This is one of the reactions I always love in speculative fiction. :D Like...
the Tom Bombadil-ish realization that you don't know everything that's possible
in the world.

> The auburn-haired lady's face paled in an instant.  "I don't /have/ a staff," she
> said, very slowly and deliberately.

awwwwwww

> "Because I am Laurel, of the Lost Order," came the reply.  "The misplaced, the
> forgotten, the thrown away; all these and more are the dominion of me and my
> companions."  They smiled peacefully once more.  "And your staff still has your
> name engraved on it, Ms. Celia Ermine."

!!!

holy fuck :D A hell of a revelation! I'm intrigued!

Drew "bite-sized power" Perron