LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #37: Culinary Disasters Part Three

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu May 18 17:05:17 PDT 2017

On 5/18/2017 12:05 PM, Adrian McClure wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 4:49 AM, Drew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (For those not in the know, that was a reference to The Goon Show, a 1950s
>> comedy radio program, many references to which made it into, you guessed it,
>> Dvandom Force.)
>
> I love when something becomes really pervasive because it gets
> referenced a lot in one person's stories.

Yesssss. <3 I'm pretty sure I've pushed some things towards that by accident. X3

>>>         "Syncity Millar. Brad, why are you banging your head against the
>>> ground like that?"
>>
>> heeheehee
>
> I just got that "Frank" is part of this too... dang it Jaelle. XD

...DANGIT XD Twenty years and I never got that!

>> Though I liked that, as Kid Kiwi's
>> Kommandos went on, the narrative realized that the character who was
>> supposed to be a parody of what they thought feminists wanted women to be
>> was actually... awesome? And worth being?
>
> Jynx was a formative queer crush for Alice Ashdown.

DEFINITELY.

> I was thinking about how the change in different sytles of comedy
> lately has been part of the reason we've shifted away from characters
> whose main purpose is to make people suffer, like Master Blaster or
> Self Righteous Preacher.

That's very true! I'm... not really someone who even *experiences*
schadenfreude, so there's that, and the "funny" suffering of someone who
actively deserves better makes me cringe.  (This is also a big reason why I
write WikiBoy the way I do. o3o;)

> Thought SRP is a really fascinating
> character. There's very few characters with more of a gap between the
> best of what he's capable of (Limp Asparagus Lad #55) and the worst
> (LNH Triple Play #5). But definitely a fraught character right now.

That's also very true. I definitely want to write an SRP story sometime, but
man... I'd need a really Good Take.

> Also old LNH holds up on the whole a lot better than other media of
> the time--and now--but there's some moments that are really... yeah.

Agreed and agreed.

> If I had to name my single favorite LNH series, which is really
> difficult, it'd be Misfits. The top five would be like, Misfits,
> Dvandom Force, Miss Translation, Saviors of the Net and Writers Block
> Person. Don't ask me about the order.

Awwwwwwh. >#> I'm not sure myself... there's so many out there and I'm never
done re-reading. XD

>> This is some seriously great banter. (Also, I have always loved Weirdness
>> Girl SO MUCH.)
>
> You are definitely more of a Brittany, and I am more of a Paytan.

Indeed. X3

> But we're both Savannah.

Oh gods, it's true. I WANT TO HUG HER.

>>>         "Valhal, a beautiful paradise, full of plants and happy people."
>>>         [The next picture showed a cross-section of a mine.]
>>>         "And full of lots and lots of valuable minerals.
>>
>> Who's he going to sell them to? The cosmology of Valhal fascinates me more
>> and more.
>
> The Crossover Queen? The Net.Gods?

TBH he doesn't feel like the kind of person who'd be brave enough to make an
offer to either. Maybe just interdimensional traders.

>> I LOVE THIS. :D :D :D I love any solution that involves C-EL making an
>> improbable kind of cheesecake.
>
> I have no idea how we're going to end WikiLull (I have an idea but I
> have no idea how to get there), but this kind of thing will be
> integral to the end of it.

Yessss. :D Happying.

Aaaaaa. @-@ *puts things in the idea files*

>>> Also thanks to Neil Gaiman, for the Angela miniseries that inspired this
>>> story.
>>
>> Oooooh. :o Fascinating. I wonder how. <3
>>
>> Drew "critically acclaimed creators working in early Image was consistently
>> fascinating" Perron
>
> So if there's a sequel would it reference Marguerite Bennett's Angela?

MAYBE. Not if I wrote it tho, because I've never read it. XD

Drew "I have so many comics to read" Perron