8FOLD/META: Where Do The Old Stories Go? (and, the 8fold Wiki)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue May 16 18:28:16 PDT 2017

In my recent RACCies research, I have searched my six-year treasure
trove of old RACC posts for old Eightfold stories.  But I must admit,
sometimes my Usenet browser tells me that some old posts have expired,
so I let it delete them.  So I don't have a lot of Eightfold post
history.  It's difficult (if not impossible) to find that on Google
Groups also.  I may have stumbled upon some last week, but I can't do it
on demand tonight.

Effects (for instance):  I find it difficult to find character reference
on Rainshade.  For now, I can explore http://wil.alambre.ca/racc and
find old Rainshade stories...  But that may be defeating some greater
purpose.

Tom, since you have published some of these stories in professional
media, I understand letting the public posts of the old stories expire.
Do you do this?  If so...  How long is the retention period?

And, while I was researching...  I found
http://eightfold.wikia.com/wiki/8fold_Wiki , which is up to date into
the early part of 2010.  (I recognize Dr. Fay.)  I call this page to the
8fold community's attention, because even I can update articles on
wikia.com .

I know. - Archie Andrews