META: Theme Songs!

Adrian McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 20:36:13 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Drew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, in the interest of getting more discussion going, and also having a
> place to put my silly thoughts about writing: What band or artist would do
> the theme song for your series?

Ultimate Mercenary: Probably Maximum the Hormone, of Death Note fame,
for that mid-2000s sense of unfocused young masculine anger but with a
sense of OTT absurdity and fun.

The Liminals: Definitely synthpop or new wave of some kind. (Which is
most of what i listen to when I write it.) Maybe Depeche Mode? Talking
Heads is stylistically right but not quite gay enough, while Duran
Duran is not self aware enough.

For LNH20 Comics Presents and other LNH20, probably Daft Punk, in a
mix of Tron Legacy soundtrack mode and retro-funk mode.

For my classic LNH work, of course, They Might Be Giants.

--
Adrian "The Dark Spaceknight" McClure, now with sig