META: Theme Songs!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu May 11 19:48:55 PDT 2017

On 2017-05-10 20:03, Drew Perron wrote:
> So, in the interest of getting more discussion going, and also having a
> place to put my silly thoughts about writing: What band or artist would
> do the theme song for your series?
>
> Drew "if this gets replies, I'll post more examples" Perron

I've mentioned, my characters actually have theme songs already.
("Theme Music", Sat, 8 Sep 2012 18:42:24 +0000 UTC!)  But you asked
(more or less) what bands should *perform* them nowadays.  So that's a
new question.

*  The theme song for Ellipsis comes from Steve Hackett, former
guitarist for Genesis.  "Please Don't Touch".  To cover that, well, I
went to see the up-and-coming rock band All Them Witches in concert last
weekend.  I would trust them to try.  http://www.allthemwitches.org/

   -  For bonus points, there is actually a song "My Name is Ellipsis".
The lyrics are basically the same as the title.  Pere Ubu put a long
version of that song on a CD once.  If "DJ Ellipsis" were in the
story...  oh, crap, it seems there is now a musical group "My Name is
Ellipsis"!  https://mniemusic.bandcamp.com/

*  The theme song for Wyatt Ferguson comes from the Blue Oyster Cult.
"Shadow Warrior".  Most anyone could cover that.  I would invite The
Decembrists.  http://www.decemberists.com/

*  The theme song for the Powernaut is "It's Time for Fun with
Powernaut", to the tune of the old campfire song "Three Jolly
Fishermen".  They Might Be Giants could obviously do that, and have fun
with it.  Failing that, the modern ensemble Big World Audio Theatre
could nail it.  http://www.ssbungalow.com/

*  And then there's Psychovant.  I have yet to decide what his theme
song will be.  No, not that song he blasted during the RACCies.
Probably something by Alice Cooper or Metallica.  Since those artists
are still around, I would probably invite them to step in and invent
something.  Hey, we can always dream.

I know. - Archie Andrews