LNH20: Writer's Block Person #31

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun May 7 19:41:16 PDT 2017

Writer's Block Person ran down the street, in their 'Magneto Had Some Valid
Points' T-shirt, holofoil skirt, and ready-to-hold-comics backpack. They ran
through the door, up the stairs, and into the comic book store. "YAY Free Comic
Book Day!"

Everyone, patrons and employees alike, looked askance at them. They shrank back
a bit. "...free comic book day??"

The clerk turned to them and shook his head. "Sorry, that was yesterday. This is
*Expensive* Comic Book Day. All we have left in the store are Archive Editions,
signed sketch covers, and marked-up collector favorites from decades ago."

"Awwwww..." WBP slumped. They looked around the store and grabbed the Golden Age
Wonder Woman Omnibus, and got in line.

The man in front stepped up to the counter. "Excuse me, there's something I
can't reach, could you get it for me?"

The clerk smiled. "Oh, sure! What is it?"

"It's..." The man whipped out a gun. "All of the expensive comics in the store!
Mwahahaha!"

Writer's Block Person gasped. An actual crime! They had to stop it without
revealing their secret identity!

A few minutes later, the employees were loading all the expensive comics into
longboxes. The criminal cackled, waving his gun. "And I'll be taking the
Mountain Dew, too-- eh? What's that?"

"What's what!?" said Writer's Block Person, freezing up against the wall next to
a door hanging a little bit ajar.

"You were saying something! You were saying 'sneak sneak sneak'!"

"...no I wasn't! Sweat sweat sweat!!"

The criminal took a step forward, motioning WBP away with his gun and peeking
through the cracked-open door. "A-*hah*! More expensive comics in the back!
Well, I'll just--"

He opened the door, and the Golden Age Wonder Woman Omnibus, which had been
carefully balanced atop the door, fell down and bonked him on the head, KOing him.

Everybody in the store cheered and hoisted WBP up on their shoulders, bouncing
them around. "Woo!" "Yay!" "Good job!"

"But Writer's Block Person," said the clerk, "why didn't you just transform and
stop him?"

"Oh, it was to protect my secret identity!"

They looked at each other.

"...oh, right," said Writer's Block Person, smacking their forehead and
giggling. "I don't have one of those!"

Everyone laughed.

Drew "also, they got the omnibus for free" Perron