DIVA: Royals #3

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu May 4 23:32:34 PDT 2017

On 5/4/2017 3:43 AM, deucexm wrote:
> This one has been a /long/ time coming.  Personal issues.  Anyway, got some of
> the roadblocks worked out, so I'll see if I can step up my production game a bit
> - but more importantly, new chapter of...!
>
> Royals: A DiVerse Alpha Chronicle

WOO YEAH :D :D :D More DiVerse content is always good.

> Jack couldn't be sure he was falling any longer, once his stomach got used to the
> sensation of weightlessness and the absolute lack of any visual reference.

That's so cool.

> The white void made him uneasy, somehow - not physically ill (not after the first
> few moments, anyway), but rather worried beyond his usual state of concern.

The Anxiety Zone

> Miranda had at some point traded her white robe for a dazzling iridescent bodysuit
> sheathing her from the neck down, leaving only her fingers bare.

Fashion icon.

> "This may be a little more difficult than I thought," the Lady Desire murmured,
> half to herself.  "Oh!  Don't worry, children, I'll still grant you your hearts'
> desire!" she added cheerfully, seeing their expressions.  "Just give me a moment to
> get a little assistance..."

I'd definitely be nervous if the literal deity was having a spot of
bother. X3

> More moments passed, and then the Princess spoke again.  "I've never seen magic
> like that, or even /heard/ of a place like this - I wonder if Mom could tell us
> about it."

Cosmic experiences in THE WAITING ROOM! <3

(No, seriously - it's hard to make something like that feel cosmic, but
this does. :D)

>  This feels bigger, more..."  The Prince gestured
> vaguely, casting about for the right words.  "... more intricate and - /connected/.
>  I thought giving up my power would be simple, but that was obviously wrong."

Fascinating. :D

> "The Throne holds secrets no mortal knows," a new voice intoned from behind them,
> this one firm and purposeful to the point of sounding a little blunt.  "Though it
> depends on your definition of 'mortal', I suppose.  You royals can be tricky."

Heeheehee

> The lady waved one hand dismissively.  "A figure of speech.  My name is Rosewood,
> Goddess of Design, and Miranda has informed me of your situation."

YAY ROSEWOOD WOO

> Jack dubiously eyed the glowing red-orange fluid seeping from the hammer, watching
> as it dribbled into the void and vanished after a few feet.

That's so creepy. X3

> "Let me know immediately if you feel anything
> out of the ordinary," she replied, a little tensely.  "Like a sharp spike of pain,
> or a sense that the whole of existence is crumbling around you."

:D :D :D

> And that was all the Prince got out before the Goddess of Design swung her hammer
> with tremendous force, and the all-encompassing white void soundlessly spiderwebbed
> in front of her with thick black cracks that fuzzed unnervingly at the edges.  She
> swung back, then forward once again; the cracks widened, still silently, and now
> broad enough now to expose a dark gray staticky pulsation underneath.

Daaaaah. That's amazingly creepy. :D

> "There are places where ideas - mental
> structures, frameworks, whatever you like to call them - exist in a visible and,
> well, let's just call it 'physical' state.  Here, they can also be, um..."
>
> "Edited," Rosewood finished the thought, turning and pointing the hammer at the
> royals.

Oh man. :D That's evocative.

> Two stayed next to her, and the other two shot toward Jack and Vanessa faster than
> they could possibly react - and simply pressed to their foreheads with a delicate
> tap, rather than the knockout blow that should have resulted.

Gaaaah. XD I can just imagine that.

> Miranda beamed.  "Oh, Rosewood!  You are /radiant/ today."
>
> The pale goddess's cheeks actually flushed the tiniest bit.  "D-don't distract me
> from this, please.  Also thank you."

CUTE AS FUCK <3

> She cleared her throat quietly, and turned
> her attention to the Prince and Princess.  "Now, this next part may be a little...
> disconcerting.  Try not to scream, if you can help it."

Heeheehee :3

> Vanessa opened her mouth to say something snarky, but right then Rosewood submerged
> her two rods completely into the pulsating vein of static.
>
> 'Disconcerting' didn't even /begin/ to cover it.

:3

Drew "very intense experiences" Perron