LNH20: Writer's Block Person #29

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed May 3 19:03:16 PDT 2017

"Welp, this is a milestone," said Whisperion, laying on the couch.

The sink turned off, and Writer's Block Person walked out of the
kitchen, drying off their hands. "Sorry, what?"

"This is a milestone," repeated Whisperion, sitting up. "Your
twenty-ninth issue. There were only twenty-nine issues of LNH stories
that came out in 2016, so you've already, just in this one series,
matched that."

"Ohhh, cool!" said WBP, sitting down next to her. "But it'd be kind of
tooting my own horn to acknowledge that, wouldn't it?"

"Hon, I've watched you toot your own horn plenty of times." Whisperion
leered.

"Oh my *god!*" WBP covered their blush with both hands and flailed their
legs in the air.

"Heeheehee." Whisperion grinned. "Anyway we're kind of in the middle of
doing that anyway."

"...hm yeah." WBP rocked back upright, face still pinkened. "So... what
should I do with it?"

"Maybe announce what you're going to do with this series long-term? You
fell off the daily posting thing a while ago."

"Ah, yeah... well, I think it's going to stay basically the same format.
I've done a lot of 'playing around with short formats' stories, and I
think having something where I can just dash off a story in one sitting
and toss whatever's in my brain onto the page is really good for me, as
a writer and as a person. Aaaaand..." WBP pondered, tapping a finger on
their goatee. "I think it'll just go to 'whenever I feel like it'.
Keeping up the daily posts was a good exercise, but also hard. I'm gonna
shift some energy over to getting FLASH! going again, and all my million
billion other writing projects."

"Very good," said Whisperion. "One other question."

"Yeah?"

"What are you going to do about-- RACULOUS, THE FIEND OF TIME!?" She
gestured with her staff, as a big monster leapt snarling out of a portal
and onto the living room carpet.

"Oh shit!" WBP leapt up. "Battle time! HENSHINSPIRATION!"

Drew "thank you for reading!" Perron