SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #21: This Changes Nothing!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Mar 25 22:09:11 PDT 2017

Yay!  I got the series over!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2006b.htm#21

I even have a wonderful place to put in the dialog, where most people
would say, "I hope he likes the Bronx."

I also have a lot to explore in the next series...  Oh, well.

Bonus Section:  Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  I Hope He Likes South
Lansing Too

 From university in Purdue, I visited Michigan State University in East
Lansing once. We walked out a trail, to a highway underpass. Beyond was
a pub. My companion said, "Let's not go there."

Beyond, was South Lansing. It was a cheap place for college students to
live - if they wanted to drive to campus, good luck with that. It was
also a factory town for General Motors. My own General Motors metro area
in Indianapolis was not much different... It all depends on where you live.

Later in 1991, South Lansing would become infamous for raids by Captain
Gonzo and the Mighty Tim (later to join Ellipsis and Morningstar as The
Balance). They were campus superheroes, looking for adventure. They
wound up at some drug houses and some really skeevy bars. They broke up
one biker cult and freed a couple of sex slaves. I hear, though, they
went into one bar and wound up sitting beside the Mayor. And that sounds
right, from what I know of bars and Mayors.

I might have to go check out South Lansing sometime.

I know. - Archie Andrews