RACCIES: 2016 Second Nomination Ballot

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 12:40:55 PST 2017

Updated the dates, cos we need room for our dreams!

==========

The RACCies are a two-step process:

1.) Nominations: Open! The only restriction is that you may not nominate
yourself or any stories you worked on. (We will except crossovers under
the assumption it is the others' contributions you wish to recognize!)
The objective is to overlook no quality stories, yet still keep the
ballot a reasonable length. Nominate as many as you wish, as long as you
think someone out there wants to vote for them.

In addition to the categories listed below, participants are encouraged
to create 'special' (read 'comedic') awards to include in the balloting.
Include a winner with your award! We'll exert editorial fiat over these
nominations, keeping those nominated in the spirit of humor and
dismissing those nominated in the spirit of being a jerk.

Nominations are RACC-wide; all posted imprints, stories and authors are
eligible, as long as the stories in question were posted from January
1st, 2016 through to December 31st, 2016. It's highly recommended that
each author post a list of which of their works are eligible this year;
you might just jog someone's memory into voting for you!

This year, all nominations should be sent to pwerdna at gmail.com!

The nomination period *has been extended* to APRIL 15TH, 2017! I want to
get in everybody's love for our characters, our stories, so let's make
room for it and give me all you've got!

2.) Elections. This is crunch time! Pick three nominees from each
category and rank them 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (again, no voting for oneself
or one's stories). Track and field scoring in effect; that is, 1st is 5
points, 2nd is 3 points, and 3rd is 1 point. The nominee with the most
points wins.  Democracy in action!

The election period ends (provisionally) on MAY 15TH, 2017. (Let me know
if that's not enough time!) Again, send in nominations and election
ballots to pwerdna at gmail.com.

===================== clip & return =====================

RACC1.  FAVORITE WRITER:

RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:
As advertised, not as released:

RACC3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:
12 issues or less, including one-shots:

RACC4.  FAVORITE ARC:
Any multi-issue storyline that is *not* RACC3 (include issue numbers, if
known):

RACC5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE (include a short blurb that identifies the
issue):

RACC6.  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:

RACC7.  FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:

RACC8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:

RACC9.  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:

RACC10. FAVORITE TEAM/GROUP:
Includes formal teams, subgroups, loose organizations, countries,
species, etc.

RACC11.  FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY:
Series, miniseries, or one-shots across all imprints:

RACC12.  FAVORITE ACTION/ADVENTURE:
Series, miniseries, etc.

RACC13.  FAVORITE DRAMA/ACRAPHOBE:
This one too:

RACC14.  FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:

RACC15.  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:

RACC16.  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:

RACC17.  BEST DISCUSSION:
By thread, not participants:

RACC18.  FAVORITE RUNNING GAG:

RACC19.  MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR:
 From January 1st, 2016 to present:

RACC20.  FAVORITE NEW WRITER:
First RACC posting must have been on or after January 1st, 2016:

RACC21.  FAVORITE NEW TITLE:
Same as RACC2, but issue #1 must have been on or after January 1st, 2016:

THE DOCTOR STOMPER BRONZE BOOT FOR EXCELLENCE IN EXPOSITION:
For the best informational piece, in-character or out of it:

THE RABBIT-BREEDER'S CUP:
Awarded to the most prolific writer in this or *any* amateur fiction
forum!  We're measuring volume, folks!:

THE JOHNNY SOKKO "COME BACK, GIANT ROBOT, COME BACK" LOVING CUP:
For the RACC Writer that is most sorely missed:

THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU WEB PAGE AWARD:
For our favorite RACC-related web page: