SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #19: You Destroyed New Orleans!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Mar 9 18:42:38 PST 2017

The Flying Super Process Server always gets his men.  But an
infiltrator, he's not...  Heroes of the New Present is looking at an
action issue next week, as Powernaut 2006 continues.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2006b.htm#19

Bonus Section: Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson! The Reality Shifts of
2005 - 2006

Since the comic is talking about a particular historic hurricane, I
sense a need to talk about the state of the Earth's history - especially
in the last year.  The aliens say, our Earth is infamous for having a
reality shift every couple of years.  But in the last year, we had *four*.

-    Baseline:  All our heroes plus these United States Presidents since
1989:  George H.W. Bush, Hillary Rodham, and Orrin Hatch.

-    July 2005:  "Humans of the Earth!  We Are In Control!"  George W.
Bush is now U.S. President, in a world familiar to that of many readers,
complete with familiar hurricanes.  Superhumans disappear; when they
reappear, they are depowered.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2005/humans.htm

-    November 2005:  "Occulator Compuplex."  The world stays as is,
except most of the alien and superhuman enemies of Spanker 4 are
imprisoned.  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005d.htm

-    May 2006:  "Yesterday the Future (of Darkness)."  Forces from 2006
and 1945 intertwine, to produce a Fascist modern world.
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1945.htm

-    July 2006:  "The New Present."  Earth's superhumans are repowered,
and the world reverts to a history based on April 2006.

I know. - Archie Andrews