RACCies: Night of the RACCies #1: The Team!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Jun 19 19:06:02 PDT 2017

Author's Note:  I might for once launch a RACCies adventure thread, and
then just skip to the results!  That fits with tradition; old RACCies
are still cleaning up the Hungry Past or something.  If I properly
follow tradition, it'll even be a cascade.

I'm going to wait for awards until the team gets underway, so that the
awards are safe for presentation.  But I feel I should at least show
people that the team *is* getting underway.  And I'm trying not to
overthink things.  So, let's do it!

(signed) Scott, 19 June 2017.

                  .....oooooOOOOO(*)OOOOOooooo.....

The champions of several universes sat around a table.  A youngish woman
stood up.  She was dressed in a bowler hat, pinstripe vest, and dress
pants.  She carried an umbrella.

"Right.  I'm Rainshade.  I'm here to run this op.  You're here because
you're somehow associated with this RACCies universal ceremony.  And we
have to stop its power from being hijacked, by the Russians or
something.  Let's have introductions 'round the room."  Rainshade
pointed to the woman on her right.

"I suppose...  I am January Frost."  The brown-haired woman was dressed
in form-fitting slacks, halter top, business suit blazer, and high
heels.  Her hair had white highlights.

"MaryBeth."  The girl was in leotards and a half-face mask.  She had a
big afro hairdo - and an even bigger gun.

"Starsmasher."  The debonair young man wore slacks, dress shirt, and
cardigan vest.  He carried what looked like an electronic torch.

"Mary Mystery."  The girl looked about sixteen years old, and wore a robe.

"Love Princess Gorgoneion!"  This girl was twelve years old.  She wore
street clothes with roller blade skates - and carried a Medusa shield.

"Okay then."  Rainshade continued.  "I know you may not be introducing
your powers here to all of us.  I'm not either.  But trust me, I know
them all.  You've been picked for them."

Love Princess Gorgoneion grinned.  Starsmasher and Mary Mystery smirked.
  MaryBeth looked at January Frost dubiously.  January Frost winked back.

                  .....oooooOOOOO(*)OOOOOooooo.....

NEXT:  The Target!

I know. - Archie Andrews