RACCies: Night of the RACCies #2

Adrian McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 14:10:15 PDT 2017

Wouldn't be a cascade if there weren't some confusion about the
numbering, would it?

****

And elsewhere, a shadowy hooded figure lurked shadowily in a secret
crypt beneath the RACCIes auditorium. Flames in skull-shaped braziers
cast flickering light on the cobwebs hanging from coffins and skulls
scattered on the floor. Usually it was used for heavy metal concerts.

"The RACCIes must not take place!" said the Shadowy Evil Mastermind.
(Was this the same as the Mystery Villain who's sometimes seen in
RACCCafe? Who knows...) They (see? Normalizing neutral pronouns makes
storytelling convenient in lots of ways. Now we don't have to give
away the evil mastermind's gender) turned to the assassin they'd hired
to carry out their evil deeds--Deathspork: The Terminator! "You will
sabotage the RACCies by stealing the trophies and replacing them with
my own specially prepared awards, which will plunge RACC into chaos!"

"Sure thing," said Deathspork: The Terminator. He hastily shoved the
sack of awards behind a coffin and pulled out another sack he'd placed
there, with a good bit of noise and clattering.

"What's that?" said the evil mastermind.

"Oh, nothing, nothing..." said Deathspork: The Terminator. "I'm one of
the best assassins in the business and you can count on me to--" Just
then the sack ripped open and some RACC trophies clanged out onto the
ground.
"Favorite villain: Deathspork. Favorite hero/progagonist: Deathspork:
The Terminator. Favorite person who hangs on out RACC: Deathspork: The
Terminator... What's this?"

"Nothing, nothing, it's a joke." Deathspork: The Terminator switched
the fake sack of awards with the ones the mastermind had given them,
but then switched them out again. "Well gotta go."

"I can't believe you'd hire him," said another, completely different
shadow-lurking figure (cascades tend to have a lot of those).

"Oh, he's just a distraction," said the Shadowy Hooded Mastermind. "He
will draw fire from the heroes, and you will be the one who truly
carries out my plan... Azella Alraune."

****

Notes: In case you've forgotten, Azella Alraune is from Science-Blades
of Terra Alter (which I'm getting back to writing now!)

--
Adrian "The Dark Spaceknight" McClure, now with sig