SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2016 Update #5 of 5: Recently-Discovered Universes

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:42:13 PST 2017

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 8:30:38 PM UTC-6, Scott Eiler wrote:
> UNIVERSE: The "DiVerse"
>
> - Activity:  occasional

Well, that's a little generous.  I wish it was more; I was just barely able to
finish up my Medley piece for this month due to a lot of personal reasons, but
I'm hoping to do more in the near future.

> - Critique: The center of action moves around.  The action is well
> written, and always on human level.  "Jetbird and the Kid" continue, and
> is at the point of excitement.  "Captain Calamity" has shown up in the
> last year; it's a start.  "Systemic" has also shown up; it shows great
> promise.  This universe is full of promise... but not much action yet.
> Exactly like, starting stories but not finishing them.

This is fair on all points, I think.  I tend to start-and-not-finish things a
lot, since focusing on a single storyline can be a little difficult at times -
particularly when I'm trying to follow a particular mood or whatnot that helps
drive the narrative, so that when I fall out of that mood the progress falls
off as well.

It's difficult to get back into the headspace I need for some of these plots,
but I do intend to finish them, or at least continue them.  It's all one big
master plan...