SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #15: Private Danger!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Feb 22 18:40:45 PST 2017

On 2017-02-20 21:43, Drew Perron wrote:
> On 2/8/2017 9:27 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> Admit it. If you got catapulted into the future, you'd probably try to
>> capitalize on your unusual situation - and then ask for a handout.
>
> ...I'm not sure if "handout" is an appropriate term? >->

It is for Private Danger.  8{D>

>> 1. Lucianus Autonomus.  "Castro's Favorite Boxer".  World champion in
>> the 1970s; amazingly vigorous for his advanced age.  Indeed, he is
>> the world's leading "white mage"... so he may have the secret of
>> growing old gracefully.
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/lucianus.htm
>
> I want to hear more about the "favorite boxer" thing. :o

It's best expressed by that Lucianus web page I cited.  The page is a
wiki, from back when we called them FAQs.

>> 8. Doctor Fu.  Practitioner of weird science, from Taiwan.  At
>> superhero conclaves, weird science is always welcome.
>
> Ah, is she the one who did the thing at the Power School?

Why yes, she will be!  8{D>

>> 9. Stonewater Stern.  Superhuman self-styled samurai, with some
>> elemental control powers.  Member of Total Conversion.
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Stonewater.htm
>
> Interesting. :o Any relation to Smith?

Nope, but they might have some shared history - if I ever get bored and
write the story of Powernaut 1973.  Before then, Stern barely missed
getting in Powernaut 1969 because the story was bloated enough as it
was.  So the world was spared a battle of Stonewaters, which is probably
a good thing for Smith.

I know. - Archie Andrews