[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #63: Demolio, part 3

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:05:01 PST 2017

On 1/21/2017 6:28 PM, Wil Alambre wrote:
 > The mind-scape sequence in this issue and the last best illlustrate the
 > biggest frustrations I have with my current fiction-writing workflow. Though
 > there's some plotting beforehand, most individual issues get only a couple
 > self-contained drafts before being released. Rarely do I have multiple issues
 > completed before posting, and therefore, rarely do I get a chance to tackle
 > them as a whole before releasing them into the wild.

Ahhhh, yeah. I mean, I've only hit the point where I regularly do a second
draft... mmm, in the last year? `-`; Out of the oh-god-I'm-old that I've been
writing on here.

 > I learn a lot when I look back on an arc (or series of arcs), when I finally
 > see all the gnarled knots in the plot, when readers point out the confused
 > narrative. I resist the urge to go back and "fix" it all via rewriting or
 > rearranging. I figure, if I want to ever put that effort in, I should do so
 > when the entire series is complete, and therefore do so on the whole.

Excellent point. :> I just reread my old stuff constantly. X3

 > In the meantime, thank you everyone who continues to read my fiction, as
 > sporadic as the schedule has become. It helps my motivation a lot, knowing
 > someone is still taking an interest,.

Every issue of Super Wizard makes my day better. (Even if it's a day a month later)

 > And thank you anyone who reviews and/or criticizes an issue. I've only gotten
 > this far and (hopefully!) improved this much through your continued feedback > :)

Much obliged, sir, and may there be many more!

Drew "enjoy enjoy" Perron