MISC: The Girl Who Saved the World Part 57

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 23:03:08 PST 2017

On 1/14/2017 6:19 PM, George Phillies wrote:

<snip>
> “The new manifesto is very different,” Ferencz observed.  “It is a book, not a
> broadsheet. It appeared nearly at the same time all around the world, in
> multiple translations. The number of copies sent out here and there is quite
> large. These features bespeak a much larger and better-organized League than
> some people had expected.

Interesting. I'd actually like more details on "appeared nearly at the same time
all around the world" - do we mean copies of it magically appeared on people's
reading tables, or was it just quietly samizdat'd out?

> /We describe what should be in the world.  It is the empty place between all
> thoughts, the full-lit shadow. It is the shape between the words that are not
> the shape. Imagine a rainbow. If there were no word for green, we could still
> say ‘the color between yellow and blue’.  If there were no word for orange, we
> could still say “the color between yellow and red’. We, the League of Terran
> Justice, can imagine the political rainbow. We know the colors that cannot be
> named, the thoughts that have no name.We call for the political colors that have
> no name./

ooooooh. I like this philosophy already.

> “This goes on for over a hundred pages, filled with what seem to be analogies
> with missing words that you are to fill in for yourself.  But there is no way to
> fill the gaps in. They do not make sense.”

hmmmmm. :o

> What are the words in the gaps?  Why could the author
> not say them? This I do not know.”

ohhhhh. Man. This isn't just a different political setup going on - there's some
kind of method of *control*.

Drew "one they don't even know about" Perron