SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2017 Update #5 of 5: Recently-Discovered Universes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Dec 30 10:52:35 PST 2017

UNIVERSE: The "DiVerse"

- Type:  Mystic

- Chronicler:  Colin ("DeuceXM")

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://lastlibrary.tumblr.com/

- Tag:  DIVA

- Activity:  occasional

- Relevance:  Major.  Could interact with the Council.

- Threat Analysis:  Intermediate.  The activity happens on multiple
worlds, any of which can contain superhumans and/or gods.

- Recommendation:  Monitor.

- Critique:  "Royals", "Tales of the Holy Mountain", "Captain Calamity",
and "Time Enough for Tea" have come out this year.  That last one has
actually *finished* a story.  But this universe is great at *starting*
stories.  They're all good stories too.

- Psychovant's Comments:  Awww, cute prince and princess, mighty
heroines, awesome goddesses, yada yada.  You could just say "And they
lived happily ever after" any time, if you wanna be done with it.

---

UNIVERSE:  Eclipse's Earth ("The Girl Who Saved The World")

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler:  George Phillies

- Chronicler's Web Site:  none

- Tag:  MISC

- Activity:  On occasion

- Relevance:  Major.  Could easily interact with the Council.  Indeed,
they've taken notice of our omniversal scanning.  So, they're as
relevant as their Writer wants them to be...  Same comment as last year,
but it's still true.

- Threat Analysis:  Major.  The greatest threat on this world is a
"Namestone", which has been captured by a young superhuman.  It grants
superpowers at the level of minimal "Superboy" -- one who changes the
orbit of huge stars -- or higher.  The world powers are *still* deciding
how to respond.  Meanwhile, the extent of their secret superhuman
community is being revealed.

- Recommendation:  As before, we recommend an omniversal quarantine...
Their own world has spent the last *two* years deciding how to react to
just this *internal* threat.  If we leave it alone, it may wither.  But
if we prick it, it may explode.

- Critique:  Impressive.  (Still.)  This story mostly distinguishes
itself, just by continuing.  This is alternate-universe political drama,
with highly-powered superhumans and interesting glimpses of culture.
Yet it moves really slowly.  Our Heroine has spent the last *two* years
doing several days of healing.  The story in the meantime largely jumps
around, through a community of young superhumans.

- Psychovant's Comments:  Definitely headed for Eclipse And Her Amazing
Friends now.

---

UNIVERSE:  "A first date gets interrupted by something fantastic"

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler:  Christopher someone, from Gmail

- Chronicler's Web Site:  none

- Tag:  MISC

- Activity:  Once

- Relevance:  Minor.

- Threat Analysis:  Intermediate.  Standard superhero stuff.  But that's
really not the point of this story.

- Recommendation:  Monitor for reoccurrence.

- Critique:  Nice modern slice-of-life story.

- Psychovant's Comments:  Huzzah, a new writer in RACC!  Or am I
supposed to say "Dilly Dilly" nowadays?  ... Naaaah.

---

Author's Note:  I once again checked to see if I'd missed something.
And I missed *one* new Writer.  And I *missed the climax* of the Super
Wizard story.  Crap.  I must have been really, really involved with
Powernaut Comics Summer Fun then.  So it's good I still write these
reviews at end of year.

People may wonder if RACC is dying.  Apparently it isn't.

(signed) Scott Eiler, 30 Dec 2017.

--
-------- http://www.eilertech.com/ ---------

I know. - Archie Andrews