SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2017 Update #4 of 5: Legacy Universes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Dec 29 15:28:34 PST 2017

UNIVERSE:  Godling

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler(s):  Jochem Vandersteen

- Chronicler's Web Site:  apparently not

- Tag:  MISC

- Activity:  sporadic; one episode this year

- Relevance:  Minor; could interact with the Council, but not likely

- Threat Analysis:  Standard superhuman, as for every year.

- Critique:  Standard superhuman.  Standard menaces.  But it does
*resolve* some issues about some superhero dragging super-criminals off
to his private prison.

- Psychovant's Comments:  Well, at least something's *still* happening.

---

UNIVERSE:  Eightfold (Journey Into / Mighty Medley)

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chroniclers:  Tom and Mary Russell plus numerous guest writers

- Chronicler's Web Site:  apparently none

- Tag:  8FOLD

- Activity:  Sporadic

- Relevance:  Major; could easily interact with the Council

- Threat Analysis:  Minor (downgraded from Incredible last year).  The
universe contains many multiverse-spanning heroes and heroines, plus
threats which could spill over with them.  Yet these threats are quiet
even in their own universes.  Only one episode with a princess has
showed up since January.  (By our Rule of Continuum, we assume anything
from a Writer which does not contradict another story, can fit with that
story.)

- Recommendation:  Monitor.  This continuum is absorbed upon itself, and
not a threat to other Earths at present.

- Critique:  Just one Mighty Medley (anthology of monthly stories) and
one fairy tale about a princess.  That last was a decent tale, in
authentic medieval tradition.

- Psychovant's Comments:  As long as they're roasting pigs and not ducks.

---

UNIVERSE:  Academy of Super-Heroes

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler(s):  Dave van Domelen

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/ASH/

- Tag:  ASH

- Activity:  sporadic (three episodes this year)

- Relevance:  Minor.  Could interact with the Council, but not likely.

- Threat Analysis:  Medium.  Standard superhuman, mostly in years
removed from us.  Unchanged from last year.  But they're having an
Darkness incident.  Ultimate Darkness, of course, surrounds all
universes and can be sensitive to what happens in any.

- Recommendation:  Continue to monitor.

- Critique:  One post was a brief episode about an ogre.  So far, the
rest has been an impressive story of a world full of superheroes.

- Psychovant's Comments:  The quote of the year is, "It's growing.  Like
Monaco."  Don't make me go find a universe where Monaco has growth powers.

---

UNIVERSE: Super Wizard From Space

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler:  Wil Alambre

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://wil.alambre.ca/racc/

- Tag:  MV (Marlo Vivo)

- Activity:  occasional short bursts

- Relevance:  Major.  Has *already* interacted with the Council, and
continues to affect its worlds.

- Threat Analysis:  Major.  The cosmic powers of this universe *have
finished* final confrontation.

- Recommendation:  Omniversal quarantine, for such elements as have not
already escaped.

- Critique:  Mr. Chancellor, we apologize.  Our analysts somehow missed
the final confrontation for several months.  It was truly cosmic.
Stories after that will concentrate on cleanup.

- Psychovant's Comments:  Gotta work on "its" and "it's" though.  (duck
puts on a "mortarboard" graduate hat)  This story goes Boom a lot, and
fun to read.  So it's (it is) a shame that its grammar (the thing that
it owns) ain't always grammatic.  (takes hat off)  Waaak.  Don't make me
access my grammar routines again.

--- Next:  PART 5:  Recently-Discovered Universes ---

I know. - Archie Andrews