SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2017 Update #3 of 5: The Web Comics

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Dec 28 19:26:02 PST 2017

The Powernaut (covered earlier as part of "Introduction and SW10")
appears in a web comic himself.  We here cover the other artistic
content of RACC.

UNIVERSE:  Ripping Off King Arthur

- Type:  Mystic, apparently

- Chronicler:  Arthur Spitzer

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.rippingoffkingarthur.com/

- Tag:  WWW

- Activity:  sporadic

- Relevance:  Major as for last year.  This continuum is dominated by
one cosmic-level threat, and the resistance is slowly assembling (*one*
step this year).  At this rate, they will bring their plans into action
years from now.  Same comment as last year, but still true.

- Threat Analysis:  remains at Medium-level due to inactivity.  But this
could upgrade dramatically in one burst of action.  Same comment as last
year, but still true.

- Critique:  When the stories actually happen, they remain impressive or
just plain fun, and often both.  Same comment as last year, but still true.

- Psychovant's Comments:  At least kittens still say Mother#$@%er.

---

UNIVERSE:  Hit Girlz / Sky Commander

- Type:  Tech

- Chroniclers:  Darryl Hughes and Monique MacNaughton

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.xcelsioronline.com/

- Tag:  WWW

- Activity:  Roughly weekly

- Relevance:  Minor (decreased from Major last year).  We *assume* this
is one universe, because there is no contradiction among their stories.
This universe is self-contained and unlikely to interact with others on
its own initiative.  The story has moved on from teenage hit girls, to
people who fly with jetpacks in the 1940s.

- Threat Analysis:  Low-level.  Some adventure heroes may show up at the
RACCies or something.

- Critique:  We think the Hit Girlz storyline extended into this year,
though they may not have publicized at RACC.  Sky Commander has started
a storyline in time for the review, though.  They probably have a good
reason that people can fly with jetpacks in the 1940s.  So this story
has potential...  The artwork remains, top of the line.

- Psychovant's Comments:  I wanna see those jetpacks burn someone's ass!

--- Next:  PART 4:  Legacy Universes ---

I know. - Archie Andrews