SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2017 Update #1 of 5: Introduction and SW10

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Dec 26 18:25:15 PST 2017

Author's Note:  End of Year Reviews are kind of inconvenient for me
right now, but I have to admit we still need them.  Or I do anyway.
And, oh right, it's time to start if I don't want people to be reading
them on New Year's Eve.

---

THE CATALOG OF EARTHS, 2017 UPDATE

Private to the Chancellor Wyatt Ferguson at the Council of Ordered Realities

--- PART 1:  Introduction and SW10 ---

This report describes many of the major universes which are eligible for
the Council of Ordered Realities but not yet catalogued by it.

We get much of our detail by attaching an eavesdropping device to the
dimension-hopping duck named Psychovant.  We had sent Psychovant deep
into an omniversal axis called "RACC", which on some level of reality
stands for Rec.Arts.Comics.Creative.  We cannot turn off his commentary
now, no matter what measures we try!  So we provide them here.

Universe SW10 ("Superhuman World 10") is of course a major part of the
Council; many of its offshoots are represented here.  We survey its main
Earth and several variants separately
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2008/commentQ2.htm#catalog).  Mostly
its SW12 ("Earth-Power") offshoot has seen action this year, though our
Ordered Realities allies have seen some also.

---

We here report these details for each universe:

- Type:  (Superhuman / Tech / Mystic; indication of what kind of power
drives the world; Superhuman may include the others)

- Chronicler(s):  (one or more "Writers" whom the universe regards as
governing powers)

- Chronicler's Web Site:  (if one uses the "http:" subset of our
Hyper-Body Hyper-Transfer Protocol, one can get a web page summary of
this universe)

- Tag:  (how to find the stories on RACC)

- Activity:  (roughly weekly / monthly / sporadic / date of last
activity.  Inactivity is the sign of a dying universe.  SW10 is dying on
schedule, though its tag still shows activity.  ref: Powernaut)

- Relevance:  (could not / could / has interacted with the Council)

- Threat Analysis:  (how much could they hurt the Council?  This is
basically the power level plus the crossover potential.)

- Recommendation:  (Monitor, or Quarantine, or Intervene, if the Council
of Ordered Realities needs to actively pay attention.

- Critique:  (how pleasant is this universe for an observer to learn
about?  This section uses episodic analysis and treats the universe like
a story.  It's basically the "review".)

- Paychovant's Comments:  (This comes from a cartoon cyborg demon duck
with an attitude.  But Psychovant has actually become the Review Duck of
RACC.  His remarks are preserved for the sake of completeness - and
heavily but imperfectly edited to prevent an omniversal war.  It's
basically the dark side of the critique.)

---

UNIVERSE:  SW10 - "Superhuman World" and Offshoots

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler(s):  Scott Eiler

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/

- Tag:  SW10

- Activity:  Occasional (once this year)

- Relevance:  Medium (decreased from Major last year).  Donald Trump has
started his second term as U.S. President there.  Recovering after an
attack he made upon the RACCies, he's basically docile now.  But a
couple of SW10 characters had a fight on our ally "Turkworld".

- Threat Analysis:  Medium (decreased from Major last year).  More of
the history of this world has been revealed recently (see "Powernaut"),
but in the present time the world seems to have gone inactive.
Earth-Powernaut is covered separately, but we may suspend this practice
next year.

- Critique:  (provided privately due to Council security designation)

- Psychovant's Comments:  Don't blame me.  I wasn't there!

---

UNIVERSE:  SW12 - Powernaut

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler(s):  Scott Eiler

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/

- Tag:  SW10 (still)

- Activity:  Weekly, with breaks of a month or two

- Relevance:  Minor.  Powernauts are largely distracted from other
universes, by some sort of threat from outer space.

- Threat Analysis:  Minor.  Powernauts finally had some sort of sports
game against the Legion of Net.Heroes *and* some intruders from
Earth-SW10.  After that, they seemed ready to take a break.

- Critique:  (provided privately due to Council security designation)

- Psychovant's Comments:  Yeah.  That was me!  Powernaut Comics finally
has some Duck!  But after that game, I'm ready to take a break too.

--- Next:  PART 2:  RACC and LNH ---

I know. - Archie Andrews