MISC: The Girl Who Saved the World Part 67

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Dec 22 17:44:27 PST 2017

On 2017-12-21 18:38, George Phillies wrote:
> Her mother, dutifully summoned, carefully looked over absolutely
> everything, down to picking up the mattress and looking underneath at
> the sides of the bed. She appeared to be even more annoyed than she had
> been before. She could find nothing to complain about.
>
> "When do I come down for dinner?" Trisha asked.Perhaps Mom had forgotten
> yesterday.Perhaps she'd been mean. Trisha decided she didn’t care what
> the answer was.But she'd make Mom say 'you are going to bed without your
> supper', if that was what it was.
>
> "6:30 sharp," her mother answered."And you still aren't going to tell me
> why else I'm doing this?"
>
> "I think I already did, mother," Trisha said. "And you think there's
> another reason. If I ever come up with it, I could tell you." And I
> might not, she thought. You can not enjoy what I’m not enjoying. Mother
> was even better at slamming the door behind her than Dad had been.

I don't quite understand the "why else I'm doing this" discussion, but I
think I understand where Trisha and her mother are going with this.
It's like, what if Spider-Man used his powers to do chores around the
house, and Aunt May suspected.  That's a nice twist on teen angst.

I know. - Archie Andrews