DIVA: Royals #2

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 16:57:20 PDT 2017

On 4/14/2017 2:19 AM, deucexm wrote:
> Life is being something of a bear recently but I'm trying to write to distract
> myself from other things.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not; but here is a thing.

It is a lovely thing!

> The voice was rich and deep and sweet, and when Jack could see again - when
> everything came back into focus - he saw its owner: a living copy of the statue,
> minus the hammer and orb.  But where the statue was lifeless gilded stone, the Lady
> Desire was radiant in her liveliness, her long and flowing hair a brilliantly
> burning gold which almost hurt to look at.  Her eyes... Jack had seen sapphires
> before, but never a blue so warm and bright, even brighter when set against her
> deep tan, the very mirror of his own skin tone.

ahhhhhhh, I love this detail and sensuality. ~.~

> Miranda laughed softly, and made a little gesture with her right hand - and a
> glowing white orb popped into existence above it, and pulsed a deep bass note,
> levitating all three of them off the floor.  "So /formal/," she teased with that
> warm smile of hers.  "But nevertheless, I do hear you.  Let's sit, first, and then
> you can tell me of your troubles."

She's super cute and super comfortable. Like I bet spending time with
her just melts your anxieties away. (There's an interesting contrast
here with Desire from Sandman.)

> Truth be told,
> I've never had the desire to be, um, 'rad' - it's just not /me/, you know?

Can't relate

> But the Princess doesn't have any
> power like that so I don't have anything to give my big brother so it's not really
> a fair trade which is why I was kind of concerned about all this in the first place
> BUT-" and she finally took a breath "-I figure you're the only one who can help us
> out of a jam like this."

She's super cute.

> "The Prince must be Rad," she stated firmly.  "The title and the power cannot be
> separated, for undoing that would undo the magicks that lie at the heart of the
> Stardust Throne.  And I trust you do not seek such a course."
>
> "Absolutely not," the Prince and Princess replied in unison, horrified.
>
> "Oh, good!  I was hoping it wasn't going to come to that.  You have very /strong/
> desires, you see, and - you know what, let's just move on,"

Well that's unnerving. o3o

> "Precisely."  Miranda smiled.  "She would become the Prince from then on, and you,
> the Princess."
>
> Vanessa stared at her brother, first shocked, then thoughtful.
>
> Jack looked over at his sister, then back to the Lady Desire.  "You can /do/ that?"

Gender! :D

> The Lady Desire beamed cheerily.  "Well then, let's get started without delay!"
> She picked up her orb from the cushions and gave it a kiss - and with a pulse of
> sound-beyond-sound that felt as though it would crush the breath out of the Prince
> and Princess, the golden temple shuddered, fading into a featureless white void.
>
> And they fell, and continued to fall...

Drew "wheeeeeeee" Perron