SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #13: Get Ready for Reality Shift!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Sep 27 18:15:47 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-25 10:32, Drew Perron wrote:
> On 9/14/2016 8:55 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> The guy with the Power-Vision can see what's coming. The
>> Powernauts of 2006 have done their best against Ultimate Darkness,
>> but now it's over.
>>
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2006.htm#13
>
> Well that's a lot darker of an ending than I expected. (Ba-dum-tiss!)

Yeah...  Me too.  But my stories go where they want to go.

Plus... I believe people may have said, my stories sometimes go too fast
and skip some important things.  Imagine if I'd skipped the Earth being
consumed by darkness.

>> Crack Hitler:
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Crack_Hitler.htm

But with cool taste in music!

>> Ultimate Darkness:
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Ultimate_Darkness.htm
>
> Hmmmm. I love the idea of it just being the greater *scope* of
> existence. But the whole "oh well if you approach it and you're
> confident YOU GET SMASHED" feels a little... I dunno, trying too hard to
> be badass? ^^; I dunno, it just feels *tonally* at odds.

When you've swallowed every universe, you don't have to *try* to be
badass.  Besides, that's almost exactly how Ultimate Darkness vs. the
Swamp Thing went.  It was basically the *theme* of that episode...
though admittedly, everyone other character made it about Good vs. Evil,
not Light vs. Darkness.  (You should have seen what happened to the
Spectre.)  But in my own writings, I'm not so much about Good and Evil.
People don't measure Goodness or sign Evil Oaths, after all.  So I've
made it about whether one is really scared by the Darkness.  8{D>

> Drew "this may just be my own weirdness" Perron

Hmpf, there may be people in my life I shouldn't share my take on Good
and Evil with.

I know. - Archie Andrews