MISC: The Girl Who Saved the World Part 53

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 01:17:30 PST 2016

On 11/24/2016 3:09 AM, George Phillies wrote:
> I have a major rewrite ongoing.  I am largely done with a colleague's research
> monograph, on which I am doing an intensive line edit. Ten book pages a day of
> line edit. especially when I am inserting scientific questions -- it is a book
> on polymer dynamics -- is actually a lot of work.

Oh wow. :o Good job, doing that *and* writing/editing. :>

> I’d be even more delighted to say that on the third day I was fully recovered.
> Not hardly.  Not with the amount of damage I’d taken.  The healing matrix was
> doing all it could, including prodding me to eat more, a request I was happy to
> honor.  At least all my teeth were in the right places. Regrowing teeth is
> really unpleasant. However, it was day three after I left the Maze, so all the
> bruises were vigorously reminding me of their existence.  That’s what day three
> is like, the time of maximum discomfort. The matrix changes how fast you heal,
> but some matters remain the same. I felt like I had a really bad case of flu,
> something I only know because I can read other people’s minds.

This is all good how-these-powers-work mechanical crunch, and good description.
<3 I think I said that last time, but it bears repeating.

> I finally remembered to
> turn on the video, and then very much wished I hadn’t.  There was the League
> Peace Executive in its chamber. The ambassadors weren’t screaming at each other,
> which made their words all the more frightening.

Yeah, having those parts before this really amplifies the effect, I think.

> I had assumed that people would be
> grateful that I had recovered the Namestone.  Instead, they were preparing to
> start wars over me.

awwwww, honey. :<

Drew "so many hugs for Eclipse" Perron