LNH/LNH20/LUNA: FLASH! LNH Comics Presents Monthly #1

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Nov 21 18:45:12 PST 2016

On 2016-11-20 21:13, Drew Perron wrote:
> *=======================================================================*
> *[CLASSIC LNH/LUNA]--------------------------------------------[DIAMOND]*
> *----------------------SPEAKER FOR THE THREAD---------------------------*
> *------------------------------Part 1-----------------------------------*
> *------------------------by Dave Van Domelen----------------------------*
> *=======================================================================*

>     Wherever ancient Thread is dragged screaming from the ground, two
> kinds of people show up in addition to the riggers, not all respectable.
>     The less respectable are practitioners of Thread Necromancy,
> reopening old arguments and uncovering secrets best left unsaid.
>     More wholesome are the Archivologists, who study the past for (mostly)
> selfless reasons.
>     I fall in both groups.  I am a Speaker for the Thread.

Yeah, I can see this being both a Dvandom story and an LNH story.

As for myself, all my favorite old newsgroups died a decade or more ago.

> *=======================================================================*
> *[CLASSIC LNH]----------------------------------------------------[GOLD]*
> *---------------------------THE CORE LNH--------------------------------*
> *---------Issue #1.0: "Hope You Survive Et Cetera" Part 1---------------*
> *--------------------------by Drew Perron-------------------------------*
> *=======================================================================*

> "Together, you shall form a new group, to face the challenges that no
> one Legionnaire ever could alone!" The chair started spinning around,
> a bit at a time, as if it was being scooted around by feet that could
> barely touch the floor. "And we will become..." A Darth Vader
> voice-changing helmet was removed dramatically, and Kid Enthusiastic
> stood up on the chair! "The Core LNH!"

I do like the idea of a Core LNH...  well, I like the idea of *many*
Core LNHes.  I'll be picking my own team someday, to take on the Power
School 2013.  And I might pick Kid Enthusiastic and WikiBoy too.

But if someone is drawn exactly like Doc Nostalgia, does that mean he
looks like Powernaut Comics already?  8{D>

> *=======================================================================*
> *[CLASSIC LNH/LUNA]-----------------------------------------------[GOLD]*
> *-----------------------THE CHAINSAW EFFECT-----------------------------*
> *--------------------------by Ben Rawluk--------------------------------*
> *=======================================================================*

>    "That's what I'm saying," says the Gerund Girl of Tomorrow. "I know what
> you're thinking." Ping. "Is this the House of Spoilers, or the House of
> Speculation?" Certainty or idle gossip?
>    Gerund Girl looks up towards the stucco ceiling. She sucks at her
> teeth. "Saying," she says. "Living, breathing, dying." With each
> word, the hum grows, and then it sounds like a motor, and then the
> motor bursts into flames. ING-ING-ING screams the chainsaw made of
> living flame sputters and seethes in her hands.
>    "Am I really the future?"
>    Gerund Girl exhales. She raises the chainsaw overheads and darts
> forward.
>    ING-ING-ING.

Oooh, a classic confrontation against Heroes of Today and Dystopia of
the Future!

I know. - Archie Andrews