8FOLD: Darkhorse # 4, "Yearning to Be Done"

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Mon May 30 14:59:09 PDT 2016

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 11:20:29 AM UTC-5, Tom Russell wrote:

> It's Rainshade of all people who does it; Kate never liked
> Rainshade. For a moment, and only for a moment, Melody is distraught:
> she should have been the one to bring her back. She's the one that
> worked for it, obsessed over it, figured it out. But only for a
> moment, because really, she's just glad that Kate is back.

For all the awesome writing that you do that's primarily propelled by the
strength of dialogue and character interaction (I tend to do a lot more
descriptive writing, for example), it's this one part that speaks to me so,
so very hard.  I know this feeling; it is eminently relatable, and
relatability is always a big driver in making a story powerful.

This is a really good one, and I look forward to the next installment.
It's been one heck of a ride so far.

-Colin