SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1985 #14: I AM A SOLARIAN.

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:51:33 PDT 2016

On 2/17/2016 9:23 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> heh, this might be as close as a Sun-Destroyer alien comes to an
> autobiography...  Powernaut 1985 continues, as one of our Powernauts comes up
> with a response plan to the rogue alien Sun-Destroyer!
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1985b.htm#14

See, more good exposition. And I think "THIS PENTAHEDRON SHOULD... oh." would
win RACCies Best Panel of 2016, if we had such an award. (Maybe in next year's
Discretionary.)

> The aliens *initiated* this
> contact; that's what they call the Species Ascension. But that doesn't mean we
> get to join the Galactic Senate or anything. Their "Prime Directive" for contact
> is not "Respect the Other Civilizations" so much as "Don't Get Caught by the
> Natives". Aliens sent "Spankers" to disrupt human civilization, plus "Solarians"
> to destroy our Sun if need be.

Oh wow. :D It all fits together!

> "Species Ascension" may put us in a galactic brotherhood, but it's one where the
> brothers feel free to sabotage each other.  Kind of like the United Nations.

Buuuuurn.

Drew "no, don't, you're not supposed to take over the world if you're in the
league of nations" Perron