MISC: The Girl Who Saved the World Part 36

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Mar 19 21:25:46 PDT 2016

On 2016-03-19 21:01, George Phillies wrote:
> The Continentals continues excellently.  I have the impression that the
> young lady is the more effective half of the pair, but perhaps we have
> just seen circumstances in which her skills were more evident.

heh, earlier in this particular story her companion had to swing from a
line to rescue her.  It was quite impressive.  And that's about all the
action this story has actually had.

> The Legion of Net Heroes is as I remember it from many years ago.

Andrew and Adrian do an impressive job at life support for it.

> I am currently writing a book that must be done instantly, a major
> scientific review article, and then may have this as a primary project,
> so progress on The Girl Who Saved the World is a bit slow.

... which is to say, The Girl Who Saved the World is still blazing-fast
compared to most stories here.  8{D>

> And now, The Girl Who Saved The World

> “You two were very thoughtful,” Morgana said to Brian and Trisha, “to
> prepare tea for everyone.  In nothing flat. I assume the caramel-frosted
> hazelnut cookies were Brian’s again?”
>
> Brian nodded. “I made them last Sunday and was saving them,” he
> answered.

ehh, caramel-frosted hazelnut cookies are the best part of most *any* story.

> “Professor Lafayette,” Janie asked, “You were hiding it really well, but
> you looked nervous.”

... yes, it did look like quite a confrontation.  Was Speaker Ming
really there?

I know. - Archie Andrews