MISC: The Girl Who Saved The World Part 34

George Phillies phillies at 4liberty.net
Fri Mar 4 18:35:41 PST 2016

Comments?

“I’ve only met him twice,” Patrick said. “Dear, it must be in your Rolodex.”

“I thought you knew, Patrick,” Abigail answered. “Janie, you must have
visited his house.”

“Ummh, er, no. I have the good City playing set. He teleports, remember?
  He could live anywhere,” Janie answered.  “But, that’s odd.  I never
thought to ask. I always get phone numbers and internet IDs from new
friends, first thing. I just never thought of it.”

“I said hi! a few times,” Trisha said. “He was very nice and polite.  I
figured you had his address and everything, Janie.”

“Let’s save this for a bit,” Morgana said. “But there’s something a bit
odd…later!  GR, tonight they’ll teleport in.  Your driveway would be
good, except there’s two feet of snow on it.”

“I’ll take care of that,” Trisha said.  She faded into a blur of motion
headed for the basement stairs.

“Just a moment,” Janie said.  “I have to find Krystal again, tell her
we’re good for 8 P.M.”

“And there’s a blizzard so they need their winter clothing,” Abigail added.

“They want to add the Supreme Gamesman to their party,” Janie finally
said.  “He’s visiting from Russia.”

Trisha reappeared from nowhere, leaning against a kitchen cabinet. “I
shoveled the driveway, Dad,” she announced.

“In two minutes?” Patrick said. “What if the neighbors saw you?”

“You can hardly see the house next door, and the Goosedotrs are in
Florida. You can’t see the street lights.  Besides,” Trisha added, “I
was invisible the whole time, and behind the snow cloud I raised.”

“Invisible?” Patrick asked.

“Like this,” Trisha said.  She vanished from sight.  “I’m right here but
you can’t see me.  Well, maybe you, Professor. I was going to tell you
all what I just found as a gift, but these other things came up.” Her
voice came from the same part of the room as before, but nothing was to
be seen. Trisha reappeared.

“Shoveled?” Abigail asked. “The entire driveway?  Not ‘flew the snow
onto the lawn’?”

“Shoveled.  As in ‘I’d really like to take a shower and change my
clothes’, that being really a lot of shoveling I just did. And not
‘flown’.  I’d for sure accidentally pick up the concrete. ”

“Trisha,” Brian asked, “That was the last of the Indian pudding, but
shall I heat some of my apple pie up for you? And warm milk? For when
you come down here again.”

“Please?” Trisha answered.  “That was really a lot of snow.”

“You could have asked for help,” Patrick reminded.

“Don’t work too hard,” Abigail added.  “You could hurt yourself.”

“Mo-om! You guys were all busy,” Trisha answered. “And it’s really
fluffy snow. I’ll be back down in a bit.” She vanished in a blur.

“Folks,” Morgana said, “The clock is ticking, and I can readily tell
Jessamine Trishaset is just fine. Your Indian pudding was wonderful,
Brian, especially since I skipped dinner.  And lunch. There was a major
NIH grant due, but it is done.”

“I think there’s another slice of my pie left,” Brian said, “and the
vanilla ice cream I made yesterday.  Trisha will want some, too.”

“I can’t just…” Morgana began to protest.

“You will have a real dinner, Morgana,” Abigail interrupted,  “and we
should have you over more often, now that I know who you are. My family
has been scrupulous about respecting your privacy. Though looking at the
clock, dinner is perhaps after this meeting.  While you three are doing
your homework.” The last sentence was directed at her children.