8FOLD: Darkhorse # 5, "The Vicious Air"

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:25:40 PDT 2016

On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 9:03:42 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 2016-06-05 11:33, Tom Russell wrote:
>
> >    "I don't want to make it angry," says Melody.
> >    "It's a bunny!"
> >    "So was the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog."
> >    "God, you are such a nerd!"
> >    "I don't want to fight a bunny! I can't hurt a bunny!"
> >    "And I don't want to be killed by a bunny!"
> >    "They're herbivores!"
> >    "Tell that to her!"
> >    "To who? The bunny?"
> >    "To the blonde! I'm pointing at the blonde with the hole in her head!"
> >    "You realize I can't really tell if you're pointing at anything."
> >    The bunny, having lost interest, is now en route to the
> > teleporter's corpse. The dog follows, and together, they strip the
> > body of all its clothing and valuables.
> >    "Huh," says Melody.
>
> Well, *this* is a classic sequence.
>
> I admire being able to read this story every week or so, especially
> since it's closing in on an obvious ending.  I will admit, I'm looking
> for a solution to Melody's problem.  Like, if you hypnotize a monster
> chicken as an ally of a bunny that's just killed a dark mage, it unlocks
> six *more* years.  8{D>

We're half-way through if things don't balloon (I'm two episodes ahead right now). I'm not going to spoil the ending, of course, but I can say that it's not going to be a matter of her earning an extension. One way or the other, there is going to be a final and definite resolution to her situation.

==Tom