8FOLD: Darkhorse # 5, "The Vicious Air"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jun 5 18:03:41 PDT 2016

On 2016-06-05 11:33, Tom Russell wrote:

>    "I don't want to make it angry," says Melody.
>    "It's a bunny!"
>    "So was the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog."
>    "God, you are such a nerd!"
>    "I don't want to fight a bunny! I can't hurt a bunny!"
>    "And I don't want to be killed by a bunny!"
>    "They're herbivores!"
>    "Tell that to her!"
>    "To who? The bunny?"
>    "To the blonde! I'm pointing at the blonde with the hole in her head!"
>    "You realize I can't really tell if you're pointing at anything."
>    The bunny, having lost interest, is now en route to the
> teleporter's corpse. The dog follows, and together, they strip the
> body of all its clothing and valuables.
>    "Huh," says Melody.

Well, *this* is a classic sequence.

I admire being able to read this story every week or so, especially
since it's closing in on an obvious ending.  I will admit, I'm looking
for a solution to Melody's problem.  Like, if you hypnotize a monster
chicken as an ally of a bunny that's just killed a dark mage, it unlocks
six *more* years.  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews