SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #6: OPEN UP!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jul 27 18:39:04 PDT 2016

Sometimes people are better off helping themselves... but what if
they're prisoners?  We've seen where the Powernaut of 2006 stands on
*consoling* prisoners. Soon we'll find where he stands on prison breaks,
as "The Clenching Fist of Iowa" continues!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2006.htm#6

Bonus Section:  Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  The Apathynaut

One may notice the Powernaut *not* solving problems with his fists for
once.  For this Powernaut, that's almost unprecedented.

There are at least a couple of possible explanations.

1.    The Powernaut had just spent time hanging out with *me*.  People
say that hanging out with heroes, makes you more heroic.  Well then,
hanging out with *me* makes you more apathetic.  You see, I learned
years ago that with great power comes great irrelevance.  (ref:
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/power.htm)  The more people associate
with me, the more they learn that too.

2.    Also, one might say the Powernaut wasn't excited at associating
with the criminal element.  Even though there were some heroes in that
prison camp, it was a bit more squalid than the Powernaut was used to.

3.    But let's remember, Powernauts are experts in the use of power.
Perhaps the Powernaut subconsciously realized, power really *was*
useless in this situation.

I know. - Archie Andrews