SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #5: We Have a Plan!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jul 20 20:08:21 PDT 2016

... heh, it's more than *one* plan.  A splinter faction voices its
position, as superheroes *and* supervillains convene - in prison!  And
what's that squirrel doing there?  Powernaut 2006 continues!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2006.htm#5

Bonus Section:  Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  Dramatis Personae

I get to describe things again.  Or in this case, people. I noticed
within this strip...

- The Mighty Tim.  Founding member of the Balance, alongside Ellipsis.
(ref: http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Ellipsis.htm)
Formerly with teleportation and flame powers.  Unlike Ellipsis, the
Mighty Tim eventually worked alongside law enforcement to the best of
his ability.  He actually became his world's finest hero, at least other
than Powernauts.

- Madfinger.  Mercenary, with enhanced skills over computers and
robotics.  Pretty much the brains of almost any group he joins. He
actually worked alongside Karl last year!  (ref:
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2005/fergletter_may.htm)

- Eve Ste. Marie Lateran.  Little sister of Philippe St. Joseph Lateran
(ref: http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Lateran.htm),
formerly with mental influence powers.  It would seem she still
subconsciously tried to use her "influence" on the Powernaut.

- "Crack Hitler".  Black Mage. He fought some of my magic-user friends
inthe 1990s.  Bad riddance to him.

- Crusher Joe Corrigan.  Big guy by the door, with the wonky mustache.
Former Governor of California, before reality shifts (ref:
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/duopol3.htm).  He'd be the
natural leader for the group, except it looks like the two smartest
people in the room really needed him to hold that door shut for a while.

- I'm not sure about the *other* big guy by the door.  But based on his
"zero"-shaped tattoo, I'd guess it was El Cero.  Argentine super-agent,
and quite likely a mercenary by now.

- And hanging around the prison yard...  Vara Hosea.  "White mage", now
with her natural hair color.  Assistant to Lucianus Autonomus.  I didn't
see Lucianus in the comic *or* in the camp.  I'll get into how I got in
the camp later...  Anyway, Lucianus may just be too well-connected
diplomatically.

Not everyone in that room was an American citizen.  But due to the
manner in which they lost their powers, they were all caught powerless
in the United States. (ref:
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2005/journal_melon.htm)  Much of the
world was not happy about this.

I know. - Archie Andrews