SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #3: I Don't Think Iowa is Ready...!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jul 7 18:39:29 PDT 2016

So, are Heroes or Government more of a threat?  The Powernaut has his
own surprising opinion about this pressing issue of the year, as
Powernaut 2006 continues.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2006.htm#3

Bonus Section:  Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  That Road Trip

heh, I see it's up to me to document the time the Powernaut spent with
me in 2006.

-    Aliens were actually setting foot on Earth, in Powernaut outfits.
They figured it was Earthling peacekeeper uniforms...  That did not work
out well for them.

-    The Earth's friendly Solarian was introducing himself to the world,
by doing impromptu weather control near the NEXRAD 2 weather control
radar in Illinois while it was down for maintenance.  That actually
*did* work out well for him.

-    A magic warrior known as the White Knight, had adventured on Earth
in the 1990s.  But once his realm figured out how the modern era worked,
they took home "outsourcing" contracts!  The White Knight had a grudge
against me, for one such contract...  I suspect my ladyfriend felt I
should have stood up for myself instead of giving the Powernaut a chance
to stand up for the powerless.  But that *was* his only chance to throw
a punch during the whole adventure.  So I was standing *down* for the
Powernaut!

-    That's about when I left the tour bus of Body Up, the dancers who
were monitoring Ellipsis.  The Powernaut stayed on for one more
incident, though...  Human criminals known as the "Basher Clan" invaded
Body Up's tour bus.  They dealt not only with the Powernaut, but with my
friend "Toejam".  He was one of the bus drivers, and he had superpowered
toes which even survived the superhuman power-down. Heh, that's my kind
of friend.

After all that, Ellipsis was no threat as far as I could tell at the
time.  Even the Powernaut gave up monitoring him.  Heh... We both missed
his goal.  (ref:  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2006/journal_c.htm)
Yet still his dancers kept him under control.

I know. - Archie Andrews