SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1985 #10: Our Expedition is On!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jan 7 19:50:21 PST 2016

It's the Heroes of the '80s vs. the Flying Sun Monkeys in Hypergaard.
Hilarity ensues.  But there's more, as Powernaut 1985 escalates *again*!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1985.htm#10

And I may have found the perfect person to explain Powernaut 1985
comics, so I'll let him run with it.

Bonus Section:  2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  Heroes vs.
Sun Monkeys

In the Powernaut 1985 strip, I'm impressed by how *everyone* got to
fight the Flying Sun Monkeys in their own manner.  The Powernaut made a
good choice in giving all the other characters his power.  And having
the Flying Sun Monkeys fight a *solar-powered* robot who can *split in
five* and *sweep the sky clean*, was simply inspired.

heh, who am I to say?  Well, we fanboys all said stuff like this at the
time.  Everyone had an opinion on what belonged in the story.  For
instance, Hyper-Ninja Sewer Creatures were unpopular - until people saw
Simon the Sea Monkey taming a Sun Monkey.  Happy Bears were unpopular
throughout.

For me this is commenting on pop culture, not on history.

I know. - Archie Andrews