SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1985 #14: I AM A SOLARIAN.

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Feb 17 18:23:49 PST 2016

heh, this might be as close as a Sun-Destroyer alien comes to an
autobiography...  Powernaut 1985 continues, as one of our Powernauts
comes up with a response plan to the rogue alien Sun-Destroyer!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1985b.htm#14

Bonus Section: 2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson! Zenobia and
the Species Ascension

The aliens are indeed out there. I've met them, and so has Ellipsis. But
if Powernaut Comics of 1944 can be believed, the ancient Queen Zenobia
met them first. She went into space - and came back healthy. The aliens
*initiated* this contact; that's what they call the Species Ascension.
But that doesn't mean we get to join the Galactic Senate or anything.
Their "Prime Directive" for contact is not "Respect the Other
Civilizations" so much as "Don't Get Caught by the Natives". Aliens sent
"Spankers" to disrupt human civilization, plus "Solarians" to destroy
our Sun if need be.

"Species Ascension" may put us in a galactic brotherhood, but it's one
where the brothers feel free to sabotage each other.  Kind of like the
United Nations.

I know. - Archie Andrews