8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 26, February 2016, by Messrs. Brenton, Perron, Russell, and Stokes

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 05:28:43 PST 2016

*pulls self out of feedback hole* Okay, gonna take care of the HCC later, but
for now...

<snip>

...huh. @.@

> A somewhat more risque story than usual for Mr. Perron and the Medley,
> but nothing too untoward; you can always ask your parents to explain
> it to you. The story is just as charming, as fresh, and as delightful
> as any of his others.

awwwwwww >#> I try. <3

> Our three protagonists take refuge within the gingerbread castle.

Appreciation that this is a Thing.

> On the benefits
> of multivision, and how time passes, or doesn't, in the Netherworld.

I love this kind of intense worldbuilding. <3

> A romance of trees.

ooooo.

>     "Do you feel anything when you kill somebody?"
>     "Nah," said the boy, though that weren't exactly true. Killing was
> the happiest thing in the world. Killing was better than bacon. He had
> always been fine with that, though he knew better than to advertise
> it. Now for some reason it didn't sit so fine.

Aw dude. Come here for hugs (and please don't shoot me).

>     The door opened, but it weren't the doctor that opened it.
>     "Howdy, Gulliver," said Hank.

HANK :D :D :D AWESOME

>     "I take it back," Marcus had said as he'd stared up at the Castle
> of Wonder. "This isn't just annoying. This is flat out terrifying."

GingerDEAD castle

>     "Coffee, please," replied Deidre. She glanced around and reflected
> on how convivial the situation seemed, providing you were prepared to
> ignore the wider context.

I'm *always* ready to take things out of context! :D

> I am now as reasonably convinced as possible
> that what you say is true, that this world is not only broken on a
> fundamental level, but that it was done deliberately.

DUN DUN DUNNNN! Maybe this should've been the cliffhanger.

> The Librarian could
> call him back into the physical realm at any point, without any
> warning, and he could no more resist the summons than he could ignore
> gravity or the Four Laws.

1. A demon must protect its own existence
2. A demon must follow orders, provided they're given by someone who can beat
you up (see rule 1)
3. All books must be returned on time
4. If you tell anyone about your magic powers you turn into a frog

(I think he's gonna have trouble with rule 3)

>     Fn'ordh didn't dare waste time in any case. He shifted form again,
> cautiously, his dark crimson eye splitting apart and multiplying until
> his viscous form was full of dull red points of light.

So creepycool.

Awwwwww. <3

>     When the spring came, the sideways tree began to grow, if not
> straight, then at least straighter. His branches stretched out and
> became green. He did not so much stand above or next to the evergreen,
> but around her. He didn't try; he simply did. When it stormed, he
> stretched out his long branches, and his leaves kept her dry.

Hmmmmm... fascinating. *rubs chin while contemplating emotional content*

Drew "interesting if true" Perron