SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1985 #13: What Just Happened??

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Feb 10 19:09:47 PST 2016

Perhaps you've noticed the little numbers in the upper left hand corner
of each strip recently. They're for a reason...

                          POWERNAUT COMICS
                         is proud to present
                         **** The 200th ****
                         **** Published ****
                         * Powernaut Comic *

For this milestone issue (I always hated the term "anniversary issue"
for measurements not involving years), the original Powernaut is back -
to explain stuff that's happened since 1969.  And so is the original...
something else!  Powernaut 1985 continues - and though it may seem calm
now, it's *still* escalating!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1985b.htm#13

Bonus Section: 2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson! Solarians

Solarians are sentient alien constructs, designed to live inside suns.
Their purpose is to snuff out the sun upon command.  So naturally there
is a galaxy full of them.

However, sometime in their history, at least one of them got free will.
  We don't know when, why, or how.  But the one we're talking about,
belongs to the Earth's Sun.

What do normal creatures do, when they've built a system and part of it
malfunctions?  They replace that part!  So that could explain why two
different-looking Solarians are so interested in Earth, at least in the
period of history the older Powernaut comics portray.

I know. - Archie Andrews