LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #4: The Three Day Lull Part 4

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 9 15:32:30 PST 2016

LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #4:  The Three Day Lull Part 4

In this weeks reposting of stuff you can find in the eyrie archive
https://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/
we have the fourth part (and conclusion) of the Three Day Lull with
writings by Mike Escutia who created the LNH'r and Net. Patroller -- Pliable
Lad (and wrote the Pliable Lad series).  Also Andre Condon who created
the LNH'r Kid Chivalry (and wrote various Kid Chivalry stories).  And
Raymond "wReam" Bingham creator of the Ultimate Ninja and tons of other
LNH characters and wrote the Ultimate Ninja series.  And last (but not
least) Gary S. "The Saint" St. Lawrence who created the LNH'r Sarcastic
Lad and wrote various stories with the LNH subgroup called the 'Saint
Squad'.

And some more writing by Ken Schmidt, Martin Phipps, and Steve Hutchison.

=====================

                       From: kenaschm at cs.indiana.edu (Ken Schmidt)

        The door of the cafeteria loomed before him.  Fighting off Catalyst
Lass' 'suggestion' and dealing with Hooded Ho''odWin took a bit of energy out
of Tsar Chasm.  He was also a little hazy; must have been the writer in charge
at the time.  Tsar Chasm made a mental note to beat the man to a bloody PULP
when he found the opportunity.  What else would cause him to go the (what he
suspected) hub of socialization, the LNH cafeteria.  He tried to remember what
had gone on in the cafeteria during his day of occupation.  Then he
remembered,
he had the group very busy, and when they had gone to eat, he was setting up
information collectors in the monitoring room. Oh, well might as well go
in.
        Tsar Chasm opened the doors.  The room was deserted.  He opened the
door to the refridgerator and looked inside.  There was various...he was
guessing...cheesecakes to choose from.  Nothing else.  Tsar Chasm looked
over his choices. A green one, a blue one, a swirly one, and an orange one.
They all looked unpalatable, but thanks to that last writer, Tsar Chasm
was too hungry to care.  He reached in and pulled out one of the blue ones.
(There was a chalkboard stating today's special was 'Blue Lagoon Cheesecake'
 Tsar Chasm was hoping that it meant they were actually made today...)

He found a fork and sat down to eat.  He took his first bite.  His head was
spinning.  This was no ordinary cheesecake!  Somehow it started a chemical
reaction that caused Tsar Chasm to feel...happy.  He looked into his
cheesecake and smiled at it.  He began to poke it with his fork.

        "Take that!" he said.  He was starting to get into it when he
heard the cafeteria door open.  He quieted down and stared into his
cheesecake again.  His emotion quickly changed from happy to helpful.
Before the full impact of his new emotional state set in someone called his
name.

        "Tsar Chasm!"  Tsar Chasm looked up and saw Pliable Lad.

        "Pliable Lad!" Tsar Chasm started," Take a seat."
        (see Mike's part for the whole dialogue...)
        "I'm sure I am."  Tsar Chasm said to Pli as Pli left the cafeteria.
The door closed and Tsar Chasm smiled.  Helping people made him feel so good
inside.  'I wonder who I can help next?' he thought happy thoughts to himself.
Then his mood changed again, but this time Tsar Chasm realized something.
There wasn't anything in the cheesecake, happy and helpful were emotions
that he already had, he just hadn't used them much before.  He was planning
on sitting down to contemplate this when a soft plink filled the air...

                        From mre at kepler.unh.edu  (Mike Escutia)

        Up in his room, Pliable Lad was in the middle of reading _Castle
Spellbound_ by John DeChancie when he became rather hungry.  It was dinner-
time.
        Slipping the book into his pocket, Pli sauntered casually out of
his quarters and down the stairs to the cafeteria.  Along the way, he
ran into Sig.Lad, Deja Dude, Curly, and a few others, including one guy
he had never seen before, who was hanging out with Sig.Lad.
        "We are off to find Tsar Chasm!", Sig.lock Holmes told Pli.  "He
is somewhere in this very building!  Come, the game is afoot!"
        "No, thanks.", Pli said.  "I'm gonna hit the cafeteria--and hard!"
        "Try not to break anything.", Deja Dude said.
        "Right.", Pli said.
        After Pli was out of earshot, Constellation asked Sig.Lad "Who was
that?"
        "Oh, that was Pliable Lad.", Sig.Lad said.  "He joined shortly af-
ter Integrity Quest.  His series is on its fifth issue."
        "Ah.  Right."

        Pli entered the cafeteria.  The dinner special was Blue Lagoon Cheese-
cake.
        Pli tended to stay away from the specials.
        Getting himself a cheeseburger, fries, and small soda, Pli started
looking for a place to sit.  Actually, he wasn't looking for a place to sit;
there were plenty of empty seats.  He was looking for somebody to sit with.
        That's when Pli saw a man in a t-shirt and shorts eating some cheese-
cake.  Pli couldn't place him, but the guy did look awfully familliar.
        It was only after Pli had reached the man's table that he recognized
him.  "Tsar Chasm!"
        Tsar Chasm looked up from his cheesecake.  ("Blue Lagoon Cheesecake"?)
"Pliable Lad!  Take a seat."
        "What are you doing here, Chasm?", Pli asked.
        "I was bored."
        "You're kidding me, right?"
        "No, really, I was.  And you?"
        "Been reading the past three days.  I'm on my fifth book.", Pli said.
        "May I ask what book you are reading now?", Tsar Chasm asked.
        Pli showed him the book in his pocket.  "After I finish this one,
I'll be all caught up with the _Castle_ series.", he said proudly.
        "I've read that series, too.", Tsar Chasm said.  "I won't tell you
how this one ends."
        "Thanks.", Pli said.
        "May I make a reading suggestion?", Tsar Chasm asked.
        "Sure.", Pli said.
        "Try Asimov's _Foundation_ series.  It's quite definitely one of the
best."
        "I sure will!", Pli said enthusiastically.  "In fact, I think I'll
head out to the bookstore now."  He downed the cheeseburger in one bite,
stood up, and picked up the fries and soda.  "Hey, it's been nice talking to
you.  You're certainly more friendly than Dr. Armaggeddon was!"
        "I'm sure I am.", Tsar Chasm said as Pli left the cafeteria.
        "Now I wonder if Kid Chivalry will go to the bookstore with me...",
Pli thought as he went back to his room to get his wallet.

          From: A_CONDON at UNHH.UNH.EDU (Andre Condon)

        Pliable Lad knocked on Kid Chivalry's door.  "Come in!" came from
inside, so he did.  Kid Chivalry stood in front of a mirror, adjusting a
white bow tie.
        "Hi Pli!  Is my tie straight?"
        "Looks it to me...why are you dressed up?"
        "Oh, I'm planning on having a date tonight...do you think the tuxedo
may be overkill?  I haven't asked anyone yet."
        "Who knows?  Go with it; what can it hurt?"
        "My thoughts precisely.  What can I do for you?" Kid Chivalry smoothed
his pants, moving his rapiers aside to check the crease.
        "Well, I'm heading to the bookstore and wanted to know if you wanted
come with me," Pliable Lad replied, wondering why KC was wearing his swords
with his formalwear.
        "Sure, I've got some time.  What are you getting?"  KC shifted the
rapiers so they hung more comfortably from his cummerbund, pulled on a pair
of white gloves and tied on a white leather mask, humming to himself.
        "I'm going to pick up the _Foundation_ series.  It was recommended
to me," Pli said, looking around KC's room.  Not very cluttered, he noted,
and decided that it must have something to do with being a teleporter.
        "It's pretty good, but I'd recommend _The Three Musketeers_.  Don't
know why I like it so much...who recommended _Foundation_?  Kid Kirby?"
        "No, Tsar Chasm.  I just had dinner with him in the cafeteria."
        "Ah," Kid Chivalry paused, hand over a row of jackets.  "Is it after
six yet?"
        Pliable Lad glanced at his watch. "Yup, just barely.  Why?"
        "Oh, I can wear tails now...isn't Tsar Chasm a villian or some such?"
KC plucked a black tailcoat off his hanger and slipped into it, adjusting
his French cuffs minutely and brushing the lapels.
(Readers will recall that Kid Chivalry was in a limbo at the time of
 'The Great Public Domain Caper' -K)
        "Yeah, I guess you *could* call him that...he took over LNHQ not too
long ago...but he's just han--" Pliable Lad was interrupted by a soft "plink"
and was left standing in KC's room by himself.  He took a deep breath, knowing
where KC had disappeared to.  "Oh boy..."

        Kid Chivalry plinked down the halls, leaving a shimmering trail of
faint outlines of himself every twenty feet.  Eventually, he made it to the
cafeteria, where he "plunked" onto a table, swords drawn, and screamed, "TSAR
CHASM!!  Show yourself!!"
        Tsar Chasm looked up from where he was sitting with his third plate
of cheesecake. "Ah!  Kid Chivalry, is it not?  No trenchcoat today?"
        "Formalwear when fighting a higher class of scum, Chasm.  Drop your
fork," KC hissed through clenched teeth.  <All right!  My first real villian!>
he thought to himself excitedly.
        Tsar Chasm felt himself dropping the fork onto the table.  He took
note of the nifty glowing bubbles of light around his head and realised that
KC's persuation powers were taking effect on him.  He spoke quickly into
his communicator, "Webster! Switch to Teleporter and move me--at random, no
further than fifteen feet, and keep doing it!" He instantly vanished, only to
reappear about ten feet away from where he had been, then the process was
repeated, shifting Tsar Chasm rapidly from place to place as fast as Webster
could teleport him.
        Kid Chivalry started to perform a similar action, plinking all around
where Tsar Chasm had been/was being, never quite appearing in the same place
as Tsar Chasm when he did.  The hands-off contest of nerve increased in speed
and scope, as KC's blades flashed as swiftly as he did and the LNHers that
were in the cafeteria gathered to watch.  Odds were calculated.  Bets were
placed.
        Kid Chivalry was beginning to get tired, but was determined to beat
his first big-name supervillian at his own game. <Sooner or later,> he
decided,
<Tsar Chasm's teleportational powers will wear down or he'll get tired and
*then* I'll have him!>  He frowned to himself, almost breaking his intense
concentration.  <What if it's not a power?  Blast.  I _knew_ I should have
read those computer files more carefully...>  He sped up his plinking, adding
more wall- and ceiling-reentries.
        Suddenly, he stopped.  About eight feet up a wall, standing straight
out from it.  His hair was disheveled, his clothes were mussed, and he no
longer looked cheerful.  He brandished both his swords.  "Had enough?" he
yelled, leaping from his vantage point towards Tsar Chasm, who was standing
some ten feet away from the wall, looking up at him, grinning.
        "Oh, don't impale yourself in your eagerness to get me,"Tsar Chasm
rolled his eyes.  He added so no one could hear,"for no reason."
        Pliable Lad wrapped his flexible body around KC's hurtling form,
stopping him in mid-leap.  "KC!  As I was saying, Tsar Chasm isn't here as
a villian!  He's sort of visiting."  He deposited KC on the floor.
        "What?  How can a villian be visiting LNHQ?  Isn't there some sort
of rule about that?"
        "Not really, no...as long as he's not attacking it, Tsar Chasm isn't
doing any harm.  He might as well hang around," Pliable Lad replied.
        "Thank you for your vote of support, Pliable Lad," put in Tsar Chasm.
"And I must add, that was...exhilarating, Kid Chivalry.  I'd offer to do it
with you again sometime, but I'd ask you to leave the swords elsewhere.  They
can be...distracting."
        "So we're not going to attack him?" KC asked.
        "Nope.  We're going to go to the library, then you're going to have
to get freshened up if you're going to go on a date later," PL responded.
        Kid Chivalry brightened somewhat.  "All right.  I'll reread _Don
Quixote_ again...get a feel for this sort of superheroing..."  He resheathed
his twin rapiers and walked off down the corridor with Pliable Lad.  The
remaining LNHers returned to their various seats.  Tsar Chasm sat down and
restarted his third plate of cheesecake, musing over how to get around KC's
persuasion abilities in case there was a next time...

    From: sl859 at cc.usu.edu (Raymond Bingham)

>                       Bah Weep Grah-Nah Weep NeNee Bah!!
     "I know what this is! The Universal Greeting from The Transformer movie!"
wReamhack exclaimed excitedly.

        "That's nice."   Came an voice from UN's ready room.  It was Tsar
Chasm.  For some reason he was back in the ready room.
        wReamhack looked at the foreboding evildoer and smiled, "You're toast,
you realize that, don't you?"
        "Oh I think quite the contrary..." Tsar Chasm said ready to deal a
crushing blow of ego on the poor defenseless wReamhack.
        "Yeah."  wReamhack stood defiantly.
        Tsar began to ponder the boldness of this one who had been so
previously so weak and began to debate in his mind.  Obviously this person
knows something that I do not, he thought.  This was a pet peeve of Tsar and
so he naturally had to get it out of wReamhack before he did away with the
twerpish little one.  Tsar relinquished his attack and stood perplexed.
        wReamhack sat on the keyboard of his console and breathed a bit more
deeply.
        "I am toast, huh?  why?" Tsar asked the hacking one.
        "Well, you thought you were clever to go in and type on Ultimate
Ninja's keyboard, didn't you.  Well, besides the fact that Ultimate Ninja
knows it was you that messed up his files, you left your message in the
computer saying it was you!  Not Invisible Incediary!  The fact that he hasn't
killed you already is because you will die, anyhow."  A trail of characters
scrolled across the screen behind wReamhack as he rested on the keyboard.  It
soon began to beep, due to keyboard buffer overflow.  Tsar looked at wReamhack
alarmed as if the statement wasn't annoying enough.  wReamhack blushed and
turned his back and cleared the buffer.  The console screen went blank and
wReamhack turned back around to face Tsar.
        "I am not going to die you little insect!"  Tsar said disbelieving.
        "Really?  Did you honestly think that Ultimate Ninja would leave a
terminal unattended?  Each one of those keys has been coated with a special
contact poison.  The kind that absorbs through gloves!"
        Tsar gasped, and raised his hands to his face.
        "You aren't as smart as you thought you were!  You know even if it
wasn't poison that seeped through the gloves, you constantly are running those
fingers through your hair!  I mean you will be dead within the moment!  You
know I guess I am glad I am not as cocky as you!"
        "Why you !?!"  Tsar raised his arms defiantly, preparing to crush
wReamhack in an instant.  Suddenly Tsar's arms dropped to the ground, and a
flash of steel preceeded a shower of blood!  Tsar screamed in agony, and
yelled into his comlink.  "WEBSTOOOORR!  Arrrg!"

        Tsar and his two arms and the blood spray evaporated in a teleport
field.  wReamhack breated a sigh of relief, as he beheld behind the
disappeared
evildoer Ultimate Ninja holding his Ginsu Katana Blade of Death.
        "I see you caught my alarm signal!"  wReamhack said with a smile.  "I
triggered it when Tsar thought I was sitting on the keyboard!"

********

        Meanwhile on the teleporter end Webstor was busy reintegrating the
parts of Tsar Chasm.  He pounded on the keyboard and Tsar reappeared whole
again.  Tsar ran to the computer console and gasped in terror.  "Poison!
Poison!  Did you remove the poison!?"  Webstor looked completely dumbfounded.
        "What poison?"  Webstor asked.
        "The contact, poison"  Tsar Chasm scanned the medical crisis
reintegrator ray but there was no abnormal substance in Tsar's Blood besides
the usual ichor.  "What!?  But that was sooo... UN!  So Ninjaesque!  And I
thought I had fallen for it!?  wReamhack cannot possibly be that intelligent!
Something must be wrong!"  Tsar scanned the screens over and over.  He didn't
sleep that night, either.

*********

        "No poison!  But that is so unlike you!"  wReamhack exclaimed.  "You
mean you just left the terminal online!?"  wReamhack stood and stared in
disbelief.
        "That is what I said, do I need to kill you to make you believe me?"
Ultimate Ninja threatened.
        "Oh I believe you... Forget I ever asked."  wReamhack said convinced.
Ultimate Ninja retired to hunt a certain invisible menace.  wReamhack sat at
the console baffled.  Something was not right, something was not Ultimate
Ninja... Something is really really out of place.

          From: phipps at hep.Physics.Mcgill.CA (Martin Phipps)

Sig.Lad, Constellation, Radioactive Dude, Curly, Cliche Dude and Sister
State-the-Obvious rushed into the Central Command Centre, having heard a
scream from Ultimate Ninja's Ready Room.

  "What happened?" asked Cliche Dude.
  "I found Tsar Chasm!" declared Ultimate Ninja.
  "So he was the one we heard screaming then?" asked Sig.Lad.
  Ultimate Ninja nodded.
  "Is he ... dead?" asked Cliche Dude.
  Ultimate Ninja shrugged his shoulders.
  Sig.Lad frowned.  "You mean you let him get away?"
  Ultimate Ninja nodded, sighed and continued on his way to his quarters.
  "That's not like him," noted Sister State-the-Obvious.
  Radioactive Dude had been doing his best to follow the conversation.  "The
bad man is gone?"
  Sig.Lad, Constellation, Cliche Dude and Sister State-the-Obvious all nodded.
  Radioactive Dude shrugged his shoulders and turned to Curly.  "OK: we can
play now."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Later that day, Organic Lass ran into Legion Headquarters, giggling.
Pocket Man followed closely behind but was stopped by Deja Dude.

  "Hey, Pok!"
  Pocket Man waved at Deja Dude.
  "So how'd things go with you and Organic Lass?"
  Pocket Man just smiled.
  Deja Dude smirked.  "That well, huh?"
  "So ... anything happen while I was away?"
  Deja Dude sighed.  "The usual: some villain showed up and Ultimate Ninja
tried to kill him."
  Pocket Man nodded.  "You know, he should mellow out a bit."
  Deja Dude frowned.  "Come to think of it, he *has* been acting a bit
mellow lately."
  Pocket Man raised his eyebrows.  "Really?"  Pocket Man laughed.  "Maybe
there's hope for him yet!"  He continued on his way.
  Deja Dude, however, remained concerned.  "Maybe," he said to no one in
particular.  Deja Dude sighed, shrugged his shoulders and walked off.

              From: hutch at ibeam.intel.com (Steve Hutchison)

Invisible Incendiary squirmed in his seat.  Catalyst Lass had managed
to catalyze his interest in this film, "Sleepless in Seattle", but
even her power couldn't make Tom Hanks' sleepwalking performance keep
his interest, and the generic cute kid borrowed from "Courtship of
Eddie's Father" was just too insipid.

"You enjoying this, Cat?"

"Uh, yes, certainly," she nodded just a bit too vigorously.

"We could still make the beginning of TMNT III..."

"I suppose... I'd rather see Coneheads, though," she said pensively.

"OK.  Let's go."

They snuck out of the near-deserted theatre.  II considered briefly
setting fire to the projectionist or demanding the return of their
money, but figured having someone not-see him attending this movie
would be too humiliating to endure anyway.  Unless they thought he
was trying to put the make on Catalyst Lass...

         From: "Gary S. St. Lawrence" <lawrence at express.ctron.com>

        Pocket Man was in his room, contemplating sampling some of the liquid
that Dr. Stomper had said would revitalize him. Exhausted from his forray
with the Net.ropolis Police and several trumped up charges of sexual
misconduct, indecent behavior and improper use of electrical lighting
equipment -- not to mention his battle with CluelessMaster, Pocket Man
wanted only to stay in his quarters and sleep for a while. But, as a veteran
LNHer, he knew in his heart that what he wanted and what he'd get were often
two very different things.
        The energy mix still hadn't kicked in.
        He wandered over to his terminal and logged in to see if he'd had any
mail messages.  He scanned through the list of headers.  Ori, Sarc, Ori, Ori,
Tsar Chasm, another from Ori, Modern Cargo magazine. Nothing seemed unusual.
He was about to read Ori's messages when the third named registered.
        "No no no no no no.  I DO NOT want to deal with this now!" he said
exasperated.  He grudgingly read the message.
        "Great," Pok snapped. "Loosely translated, this means that Tsar
Chasm is bored, thinks we should get together and that he could visit any
time".  I guess this answers which villain Deja Dude was referring to. And
it explains that weird scenario out in the foyer with the Receptionist,
Curly and the others.
        But Pok knew Tsar Chasm and what he was capable of. For all his
boasting and attitude, could Ultimate Ninja truly kill such a formidable
opponent?
        "Well," Pok thought to himself, "it would cure several headaches
at once ... naaah. Even as tired as I am, I can't be *that* vicious."
        The computer signalled with its Binary Electronic/Ergonomic Programmed
E-mail Response unit. Another message had come over the B.E.E.P.E.R.
        "Oh, just perfect," Pok exclaimed through a yawn. "Another one
from Tsar Chasm." It read:

        >What kind of reception was THAT???  I just show up for
        >a visit and somebody sends RADIOACTIVE DUDE after me!
        >What did I do?  BTW - Please tell Invisible Incendiary
        >to please accept my gift.
        >                                               -TC

        Pok looked over the message and quickly erased it. "What do these
people think I am, anyway?" he said. "First, I'm everyone's walking steno
supply closet. Then I'm supposed to produce cheesecake on demand. Now this
guy thinks I'm his personal message boy!"
        The B.E.E.P.E.R. went silent as Pocket Man trashed the messages.
"Tsar Chasm could tell Incendiary himself if it was so important."
        He transmitted a message to Organic Lass's system, telling her he'd
be sleeping for awhile and to wake him later for dinner. He'd arranged to
take the Maid of Molecules to Chez Glutton' -- Net.ropolis' premiere
French restaurant and the only five-star restaurant in the world with its
own all-you-can-eat entree bar.

                From: kenaschm at cs.indiana.edu (Ken Schmidt)

        In the cafeteria, wReamhack was boasting of his triumph over Tsar
Chasm
to Dr. Stomper, California Kid, Late-Nite Lad and Radioactive Dude.
        "You should have seen the look on his face when I ran my bluff.  He
was
looking at his gloves, horrified," wReamhack said smugly.  "The funniest
part was when he was screaming 'WEBSTOOOOR' into his wrist communicator
as his arms were falling to the floor."
        "I must have missed him.  I only saw some guy in shorts when I went
out
to the Pizza Pit earlier," siad California Kid.
        "I only see one stranger today, he didn't wear gloves," added
Radioactive Dude."
        Dr. Stomper was silently contemplating something but then asked,"You
say you fought Tsar Chasm in his costume?"
        "Yeah," confirmed wReamhack.
        "From what I have gathered, Tsar Chasm was wondering around in a white
t-shirt with an aquatic mammal featured, and black shorts."
        "The guy I fought was in costume."
        "Wait, did you say he yelled 'Webs Tor' into his communicator?"
        "Yeah, I'm pretty sure.  Why?"
        "I don't think you fought Tsar Chasm, at least not the original."
        "WHAT???" said the other heroes in unison.
        "So, who was it?" asked wReamhack.
        "Let's back up to where TC and the Incendiary were in Ultimate Ninja's
office.  Soon after, Invisible Incendiary left to see a movie with Catalyst
Lass.  (The other heroes, minus Radioactive Dude, nodded and winked at each
other bawdily)  When II left, so did his exuberance for pulling pranks.
Tsar Chasm was hit by all of his responsibility returning at once.  So he
called in Webster as the Defroster, which is the only way to explain the
speed at which UN's office thawed.  When he was finished, wReamhack
startled him.  To be more imposing, Webster shape-shifts into Tsar Chasm
and confronts him, only he forgot that Tsar Chasm wasn't in his costume.
Before he can do anything to wReamhack, Ultimate Ninja comes in and
cuts off his arms.  Unable to switch to Teleporter since his arms were
cut off, he yells for Webs Tor to pull him back.  And that-"
        Dr. Stomper is cut off as a certain grey-clad ninja picks him and
quickly deposits him head-first into the nearest garbage receptacle.
        "You were saying?" asked Ultimate Ninja.
        "Or maybe it was Tsar Chasm after he went home, changed and came
back,"
came the strangely echoing voice from inside the can.
        The group remained silent as Ultimate Ninja left and continued his
hunt for the 'invisilbe menace'.
        "Not that I believe him," said Late-Nite Lad, glancing meaningfully
at the flaying legs of Dr. Stomper,"but if Dr. Stomper is right, where is
Tsar Chasm now?"
        Except for the pleas for freedom from Dr. Stomper, the room was silent
for a while.
        Invisible Incendiary returned from the movies with Catalyst Lass, she
said good night, and hoped he had an enjoyable evening in the furnace.
Happy to comply he headed back to his 'room'.  About half way there, Catalyst
Lass' influence had faded and he shook his head, _Sleepless in Seattle_?
Man, Catalyst Lass must be getting more powerful.
        He opened the door and got into the furnace and noticed something out
of place.  There was a terminal and keyboard waiting for him.  Intrigued, he
turned it on, fully expecting it to melt upon contact.  The machine jumped
to life and the screen showed a text file.  He sat down to read the
message.  It was from Tsar Chasm.

                To the Diabolical Incendiary
                Of all of your band, you showed me the best time.  This is
                my way of showing appreciation.  This terminal is constructed
                of a plastic of my design that can withstand very intense
heat.
                I'm not sure of the upper limit of your abilities, but I do
                believe this machine would be able to take it.  I have already
                hooked it up to the LNHHQ network, so flame away at your
                leisure.

                        Don't worry, I have not rigged it in any way
                                Tsar Chasm
PS You got me.  I'll have to reconsider my goals even more.
Below was a graphic of a ninja outfit stuffed with straw.

                                   -FIN.

Look for:                       To appear next in:
Ultimate Ninja                  Kid Kirby/ Sing-Along Lass #3
Constellation/Sig.Lad           Constellation #8
Hooded Ho`'odWin/Catalyst Lass  Triple Play #1
wReamhack                       wReam's add-on to Kid Kirby/Sing-Along Lass #3
Kid Chivalry                    An upcoming Limited Series from Andre'

Thanks to all of those who contibuted:
Martin Phipps, Dave Van Domelen, Steve Hutchison, Jeff McCoskey,
Stephane Savoie, Mike Escutia, Andre' Condon, Raymond Bingham,
Gary St. Lawrence, and Patricia Wright (who checked my part with
Vulcana)

                        Thanks!

                        ---Ken and this sucker is done!