[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #50: Memento Mori

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Feb 3 20:39:12 PST 2016

On 2016-02-03 11:43, wilalambre at gmail.com wrote:
> His ancient race long ago unraveled the laws of physics, and they then
> learned how to redefine them. They harvest fusion fire to sustain
> themselves, and they hollow out suns to build their private strongholds.
> They are guardians of the spaces they know and explorers of the spaces
> they don't. They strive to live in harmony with the entire cosmos.
 >
> Such is the thinking of all _parasites_.

heh.  All living species are parasites upon the Cosmos.  Might the
Cosmos be writing this?

> There's a flitter color skirting between the black planes. A red dress.

... oooh, the Red Dress returns!

> The dress flutters along in a nonexistent breeze, as if guided by an
> uninhibited choreography. His eyes are transfixed on the clothe as it
> gambols amongst the black planes, like a blatant, bloody reminder of
> what had to happened to collect each Cosmic Crown. Of what was suffered
> and sacrificed for these trophies.
> Sharkasaurus Rex, rabid and dead. He thought he could make the universe
> a better place. He paid a heavy price for his efforts. His school of
> phantoms are left aimless. They'll likely never find another teacher.
> Emperor M, melancholic and dead. He couldn't let go of something he
> didn't really have in the first place. His religion was brought low, his
> government devastated, and his planet left scarred. There will be
> ramifications.
> Brody Dharma and his monks, divided, quite _literally_. They've been
> left with a idealogical hostility that might turn insurmountably
> violent. There's so much potential there, and its so likely to be wasted.
> And finally, the betrayal of an old friend. The worst of all. Neither of
> them understood the fault nor all the poisonous consequences.
> Its not over yet, this path of ruin. One place is waiting, one vertical
> black plane unfilled, reserved for one last Cosmic Crown. The seventh,
> still borne by its heritor, Queen Genovefa Buzz. She won't hide her
> ferocity behind madness or melancholy. There'll be no excuses with her.
> She fights to _survive_.

well, that's a good reintroduction.

> He'll head toward Genovefa. Maybe not immediately, but inevitably. She
> can't hide from him any more than he can avoid her. The Cosmic Crowns
> draw them together. Its a drive. Its a _feverish heat_.
 >
> And I will wait.
 >
> The last of seven. Just one more to go.
 >
> Before I burn them _all_ out.

I suppose this could be General Dragutin of the Red Hand...  but it sure
sounds like The Cosmos speaking.

Hooray, the Super Wizard From Space is back!

I know. - Archie Andrews