SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1985 #12: Crisis of Multiple Powernauts!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Feb 3 17:31:46 PST 2016

He's baaaack...  and so is Powernaut 1985, for Part 2!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1985b.htm

Bonus Section: 2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!
Hypergaardians and Pentahedrons

I've compared notes with Karl Scribner for this entry.  He's kind of the
authority for 2005, but I'm kind of the spokesman.  (see "Workin' for
the Powernaut")

Aside from one or two hallucinatory episodes, we do not recognize
Powernauts (including Paula Power) in this story.  Perhaps their famous
Fractal Time has removed every Powernaut (before my famous 2005 one)
from our history.

However, oddly enough, we do know of the natives of Hypergaard!  We know
of three of them, and what they called themselves in 2005 - before they
met that year's Powernaut!  They all look like guest stars in this comic
strip series!  They acted in the comics like what we know of them now.

-    Niles was their leader.  He was confined to a maneuverable chair -
what we Earthlings would call a floating wheelchair.  He never said what
made him travel in that chair.  This strip does not explain that either.
  However, the fan theory is that he got incapacitated in 1969 - by S.O.S.

-    Linda oversaw operations.  She is apparently the same Racer Girl
who worked with the Powernaut in 1966.

-    Wendell was youngest of them.  But he was trusted with their power
object, the portable Pentahedron.  He wielded it also during Hurricane
Katrina in 2005.

-    The Pentahedron deserves special mention...  Karl and I do not
recall any Master-Pentahedron.  We am supposedly a Hyper-Child of the
the Hypergaard Incident of 1969.  (Yes, the same child.  Don't ask.)
However, we were not privy to everything which happened then.  I have to
rely on the classic Powernaut Comics for that stuff.  I can only say, it
looks right.

-    When they met us earlier *this year*, Niles made stories about how
he recruited Linda and Wendell from across universes.  He had recruited
one other that same way.  Then he recruited Karl, and then Steffi Brock.
None of those recruitments worked out well in the end.  But Linda and
Wendell stayed with him.  I suppose they might have been working
together a while... like *ever since 1985*.

I know. - Archie Andrews