LNH: Cover Gallery #36i

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Dec 28 18:36:53 PST 2016

On 2016-12-28 18:18, Drew Perron wrote:
> On 12/28/2016 6:43 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> Will the World Ever Know WHY??????
>>
>> (Especially since Oxygen is more like what giant plants piss, than
>> what they drink.)
>
> Well, plants *do* respirate; they just take in a lot less oxygen than
> they put out. Clearly, these ones do it differently.
>
> Drew "you choose the answer!" Perron

Alan Moore's first Swamp Thing story had a similar menace, Plants Exhale
Oxygen.  Obviously the Plant Kingdom can sharply adjust its carbon *or*
oxygen outtake.  Hey, not even farmers can explain plants sometimes.

But this does come down to:  Plants and Meat are symbioses.  Mammals
never want to extinguish *all* plants, because we at least need things
for cows to eat.  Likewise should plants not want to exterminate *all*
mammals.

However...  The story needs a pivotal crisis.  I suppose if some canine
basketball player changes his habits so as to piss more upon one pivotal
tree (instead of, say, in Net.Adison Square Garden locker rooms or
something), he shall reaffirm the delicate balance of the symbiosis.  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews