SW10/WWW: Power Stars 1945 #8: I Think That's Our Way Home!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Dec 14 19:16:10 PST 2016

... But is everyone going home?  And might there be an extra guy?  Power
Stars 1945 concludes - except, look for the Power Stars 1945 Christmas
Special next week!  (Man, it took some work to keep on schedule so I
could do that.)

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1945.htm#8

My commentator mentions the character Peter Brady.  I later sacrificed
him to other writers.  Within a day of their meeting him (at the RACC
Con 2012),  they had him flayed to death by cats. Good enough.

Bonus Section: 2006 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson! Where Are
They Now?

As we know, Auge von Shaitan develops plans across generations.  This is
what I know of him and his old allies this year.

-    The Count of San Giacomo was a Sicilian collaborator.  He traveled
back to 1935, and promptly increased his influence.  His exact fate is
unknown.  But by 2005, the Counts of San Giacomo had dabbled in
superhuman technology so as to shrink a random target for terror
purpose.  (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2005/fergletter_may.htm) The
modern Count's wife betrayed him, though; she has agency as the Countess
now.

-    Randall Anvernacht was a Dutch collaborator.  He traveled back to
1935.  In the 1950s he went back to the Netherlands and had a son,
Russell.  Russell Anvernacht grew up to oppose the world's superhumans,
with wild results.  By 2006 he had become "Evil Mayor Anvernacht" in
Maquoqeta, Iowa.  His father Randall's fate is unknown.

-    Gruppenfuehrer Paul Bradt worked with Germany, because he was a
World War One veteran with them in East Africa.  He came to America in
1945.  There he took the name "Paul Brady", married a black woman, sired
one son Peter, and blended in with American society as much as possible.
  Peter Brady would grow to become an evil Black Mage
(http://www.lnhq.info/wiki/Black%20Brady), and take custody of the Spine
of Satan.  Peter eventually died in conflict with enraged
extra-universal *cats*.  His father Paul's fate is unknown.

I know. - Archie Andrews