MISC: The Girl Who Saved the World Part 49

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 00:29:30 PDT 2016

On 8/20/2016 4:25 PM, George Phillies wrote:
<snip>
> The nice thing about a hopper type
> mailbox is that the post man drops things in the front end, but he has
> no way of telling how often the mail is being picked up.

Ooh. Do those exist in RL? :o

> Stanford Smith was by far the most pleasant and sensible of the lot. He
> had made a vast number of westerns, films whose location is in dispute
> between Utah and Mongolia, and the esoteric, substantially
> incomprehensible motion picture Casablanca, which is still said to be
> one of the greatest films made in the last several thousand years.  The
> history listed all the books that had attempted to interpret a scene at
> the end of the book, in which the Inspector throws a bottle of water
> into a trash can. The scene is so brilliant that no one can understand
> it. Smith was the sort of person you would like as an older friend, if
> he hadn’t died three thousand years ago.

...fascinating. :o So, motion pictures have been around for at least three
thousand years... hmmmm...

> The healing matrix insisted I break out more
> ice cream.  It was burning through calories like mad to do repairs, and
> I had to eat enough to catch up.

This matrix is speakin' my code >.>c

> Uncomfortable or not, I made a list of all the things I had to start
> doing. Living by yourself is a real chore.   Schoolwork.

Now that's interesting. Is there a larger educational system she's reporting to?
It'd also make sense if it was "just" self-improvement...

> A side panel reminded me
> about the classes I was neglecting.  The answer appeared to be all the
> science, math, rhetoric,…everything except the topics I had crammed to
> prepare myself for the Maze.

Makes sense.

Mmmm, yeah. @-@

> Well, I did after fifteen minutes of peeking at the
> lesson for astronomy, this being the extended chapter on archeological
> explorations of the planets, moons, asteroids, and Kuiper bodies, much
> of which made no sense. Yes, I have flown to some of the ruins myself,
> and I can’t explain them either.

Man. I want to know more about the secrets behind this world.

Drew "fascinate!" Perron