MISC: GODLING # 56 Rescue Mission part 1 by J. Vandersteen

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:23:26 PDT 2016

On 7/19/2016 6:12 PM, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
>     “Captain Daniels!” (they met before in Godling’s World # 5).
>      “Hi, professor. Or should I call you Godling?” Daniels says.
>     “Huh? What? What are you talking about?” Quentin asks.
>     “You should have thought about that act before you recognized me.

I mean, it's a good point. XD

>Don’t be naïve. With our sattelites we monitor everyone and everything these
 > days.

I mean that's a bit simplistic but sure~

>    “Sounds dire. I don’t think I ever heard of them before.”
>“You’re a superhero, aren’t you? You should do a better job keeping up with
 > things like that!

That's honestly a good point. You're not gonna have an exposition jockey around
every time, Quentin!

>    “Sounds like something humanity doesn’t need much help with,” Quentin says.
>    “Don’t joke. You’re bad at it,” Daniels counters.

Look who's talking, Captain Sense of Humor over here~

>“We’re living in crazy times, Julius. More and more of these
 > supercreatures show up. The old laws won’t cut it. We have to adapt.”
>“Sure. But what about the rights of those supercreatures when you are all
 > so busy adapting? I’m standing up for them.

Good point! Somebody needs to. TBH, I'm on Julius's side here.

>A flying scooter appears in the sky, a strong search light shining down..
 > Godling goes invisible, using one of the powers of Hermes. The scooter
 > disappears again.
>    Godling goes visible again. He examines one of the cyborgs he took out.

You'd think the search scooter would see the cyborgs.

>“Here comes trouble,” Godling understands. Using the power of Boreas,
 > God of Northwind, he blows his icy breath on the ground, making it all
 > slippery. The bikes skid, bumping into each other, cyborgs getting thrown off
 > the bikes. Two bikes explode.

I do love more creative uses of powers. :D

>     “Agent Destruction? What happened to you?” Godling wonders.
>    “DESTROY! DESTROY! DESTROY!” Agent Destruction says and attacks.

But why would Agent Destruction want to destroy!?

Drew "it makes no sense" Perron